✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

Coldplay Headlining Paralympics Wednesday 29 August 2012?

Jason-DeBord

Does anyone have any info on this? I thought that they were doing the closing ceremony, but came across this:

Games organisers now turn their efforts to the Paralympics. Coldplay have been confirmed as the headline act for the opening ceremony which will begin with a flypast by disabled pilots.

I'm actually going to be in London that day, though it looks like the cheapest tix available right now are 300GBP...

Jason

Unfortunately, I believe they'll only be playing maybe two songs, three at a push. I hope I'm wrong but this is what I'm hearing.

I am going through London the week before when I head to Paris to see them at the Stade De France, but if the ticket prices were cheaper and Coldplay played a decent amount of songs then I'd definitely go.

The Oracle recently said that if you're just intending on seeing Coldplay at the Closing Ceremony then "don't bother going."

this[/url][/b]:

Games organisers now turn their efforts to the Paralympics. Coldplay have been confirmed as the headline act for the opening ceremony which will begin with a flypast by disabled pilots.

I'm actually going to be in London that day, though it looks like the cheapest tix available right now are 300GBP...

Jason

I hadn't seen it but since they will perform at the closing ceremony of the Paralympics it's unlikely they will also perform at the opening ceremony. They are in Copenhagen on the 28th and in Stockholm on the 30th so it could be possible but the flight schedule wouldn't make any sense.

edit: Anchorman just tweeted about it:

For those asking, Coldplay were never due to play the Olympics Closing Ceremony. They play the Paralympics Closing Ceremony on 9 Sept. A