✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

Coldplay at a funeral?

Hey Guys,

This is Nathon, AKA the guy behind the Car Kids parody:)

Unfortunately, this topic is a bit more serious.

I never intended on writing this post, or even having something to share from last Sunday. But by pure chance, by 12-year-old nephew captured a video of me singing "Us Against The World" at my grandmothers funeral.

Rather than being offensive, I was actually surprised to see that the video did a decent job of capturing the moment. As always, these occasions never come at a good time, and the whole decision to sing was last minute. When I heard news of my grandmothers passing, singing this song helped me deal with those feelings, and thats why I chose to sing it that day.

My reason for sharing this video is very simple. I know there are many musicians here who will face the same decision that I did: "Is singing Coldplay at a funeral appropriate?"

Having the opportunity to honor someone's life is quite a daunting responsibility. For me, the lyrics of "Us Against The World" seemed very uplifting. Based on the reaction, I feel I made the right choice.

If I can help one person with this video, then it will be worth it. I simply leave this video/thread for anybody to search for in the future.

Thanks,

ND

P.S. Although you can hear me, nobody is seen in this video because the camera was respectfully pointed down.

http://youtu.be/3c5qHsEAL-c