✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

Avicii: Chris Martin like a brother

grids

3156450.jpg?type=articlePortrait

Avicii has said Chris Martin is "like a brother" to him because of all the advice he gives him, including nutritional tips.

The 24-year-old Swedish DJ - whose real name is Tim Bergling - has lined up an eclectic mix of collaborators for his new album - including Coldplay frontman Chris, Jon Bon Jovi, Serj Tankian of System Of A Down and Wyclef Jean.

Avicii, who co-produced Coldplay's track A Sky Full Of Stars, told RollingStone.com: "Chris has been like a brother. He helps out with my nutritionist."

The musician had to cancel his appearance at the Ultra Festival in March when he was rushed to the hospital to have his appendix and gallbladder removed.

He reveals he often works long nights in the studio, until midnight or even 5am, and has been struggling with his health.

Avicii admitted: "It's hard for me to gain weight. I drink shakes in the morning."

Speaking about working with Chris, he revealed: "He needs every part to be perfect. I'm not like that. Which is why I've got 70 songs."

The DJ's work for his new record, the follow-up to his hit 2013 album, includes a song with Green Day's Billie Joe Armstrong called No Pleasing A Woman, and a reggae duet between Wyclef Jean and Matis�yahu.

He said: "I love it, but I don't know what to do with it yet."

Avicii made headlines in June when 36 fans at a gig in Boston were hospitalised for dehydration and other ailments, and the emergency services declared a "Level 2 Mass Casualty".

The DJ said: "It got blown out of proportion. It sucks, because it gives electronic music a bad reputation."

http://www.yorkpress.co.uk/leisure/showbiz/11357287.Avicii__Chris_Martin_like_a_brother/

-----

I like his music too, so wake me up when it's all oveeeerrrrr :dance: :dance:

I wish I had a brother like Chris :D :P

Chris Martin, Billie Joe Armstrong To Feature On New Aviciii LPavicii2.jpg?itok=iqFGmQhH

Avicii has revealed his new album will feature Chris Martin, Green Day's Billie Joe Armstrong and Jon Bon Jovi.

During an interview with Rolling Stone, the Wake Me Up hitmaker spoke openly about the follow-up to his smash hit LP True, revealing he's teamed up with Billie Joe on track No Pleasing A Woman, as well as also collaborating on a reggae tune with Wyclef Jean and Matisyahu.

The 24-year old - who has also worked with System of a Down's Serj Tankian on a tune - told the mag: "It's going to be a lot more song-orientated. True was an attempt at that, getting electronic music in a song format."Avicii, real name Tim Bergling, spoke fondly of collaborator Chris Martin, with the pair first working together when the DJ co-produced Coldplay tune, A Sky Full Of Stars.

"Chris has been like a brother," Bergling says. "He needs every part to be perfect. I'm not like that which is why I've got 70 songs."

http://www.mtv.co.uk/avicii/news/chris-martin-billie-joe-armstrong-to-feature-on-new-aviciii-lp?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+mtvuk%2Fnews+(MTV+UK+-+News)