✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

[2016-12-31] New Years Eve Show, du Arena, Yas Island, Abu Dhabi, UAE

Band to see in 2017 with UAE show

Good evening. We’re pleased to report that Coldplay will perform a New Year’s Eve show in Abu Dhabi. The concert will take place at the du Arena, Yas Island on December 31.

Tickets will go on general sale on 30 November at 12noon local time, from Ticketmaster.ae.

Anchorman

nyeposter.jpg

This arena is at Ferrari World!! Maybe Guy really wanted to play here....or got talked into it by some Ferrari execs :p

The arena is the field between the two pointy parts of the building on the bottom left of the picture.

ferrari-world_1749912i.jpg

• 4 weeks later...

Brilliant first show for me! The crowd was fantastic! The George Michaels tribute was incredible, really enjoyed that :) Disappointed they swapped out Magic for Princess of China.. Coldplay came on stage about 20-25 mins late, so we did the New Years countdown at the end of Amazing Day. Chris made a song about 2016 to fill some time for the countdown. Then we had ASFOS and Up&Up but I believe the usual pyrotechnics used for Up&Up was spent on the New Years countdown as there were less fireworks during Up&Up.

So happy to have seen them live for the first time and I really hope they come back soon :)

• Like 6

Brilliant first show for me! The crowd was fantastic! The George Michaels tribute was incredible, really enjoyed that :) Disappointed they swapped out Magic for Princess of China.. Coldplay came on stage about 20-25 mins late, so we did the New Years countdown at the end of Amazing Day. Chris made a song about 2016 to fill some time for the countdown. Then we had ASFOS and Up&Up but I believe the usual pyrotechnics used for Up&Up was spent on the New Years countdown as there were less fireworks during Up&Up.

So happy to have seen them live for the first time and I really hope they come back soon :)

I WAS THERE TOO, I just wanted to know what you thought of it. It was fantastic, I really hoped they'd take a request from a fan to play a song from an older album but tbh they were great. I hope they make more music to come. I reallllyyy wanted to listen to magic cause its in their common setlist but ah well. I also cant wait for the kaleidoscope EP omfg.

P.S. which stand were you in

• Like 1

I WAS THERE TOO, I just wanted to know what you thought of it. It was fantastic, I really hoped they'd take a request from a fan to play a song from an older album but tbh they were great. I hope they make more music to come. I reallllyyy wanted to listen to magic cause its in their common setlist but ah well. I also cant wait for the kaleidoscope EP omfg.

P.S. which stand were you in

Glad you enjoyed it! I was in early entry general admissions, how about you? :)