✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

Coldplay Safety E.P. Genuine?

WarningCP1

Recently bought a Coldplay Safety E.P. 

Have scavenged the earth for this and I paid a pretty hefty price! I did a ton of research on real vs. fake (referenced pictures and things to look for on discogs, EIL, this forum, etc..) and am currently in the process of finding an expert to authenticate/appraise it so I can keep it forever with peace of mind! 

Was wondering if anyone had thoughts on how it looked or if there's any other types of suggestions? 

Thanks so much for all of your time!!! 

1.jpg

2.jpg

5.jpg

7.jpg

8.jpg

9.jpg

10.jpg

Edited by WarningCP1
deleted some extra photos that were unnecessary.

Personally cannot help you with confirming whether it's authentic or not.

However: Who did you buy it from? What was the seller's story? Did the seller appreciate the item for what it is?

Such questions - though obviously not confirming the authenticity - do give an impression on what to expect.

Edited by JustSomeone
  • Like 1

On 12/3/2022 at 4:23 PM, JustSomeone said:

Personally cannot help you with confirming whether it's authentic or not.

However: Who did you buy it from? What was the seller's story? Did the seller appreciate the item for what it is?

Such questions - though obviously not confirming the authenticity - do give an impression on what to expect.

Thanks for the question - I bought it in an auction and the seller claims to have bought it off EIL many years ago. I didn't inquire more about their appreciation for it, but they have been very communicative and given me no reason to believe that it's not a legitimate Safety EP. I will say, that it's clear to me that if it is indeed not genuine, it's a very very good fake. Wondering if anyone else has seen one of these up close to know if there's anything else to look for besides the cd matrix numbers/font/positioning... Appreciate any contributions! Thank you all... 

• Like 1

• 5 weeks later...

Just want to confirm with everyone here that my copy is indeed a legitimate Safety EP CD. 

This whole ordeal has made me pretty informed on how these should look. 

There are a few big signifiers and if anyone has any questions about the authenticity of their Safety CD, please don't hesitate to reach out, happy to help. 

• Love 1