✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

Athens stadium closure

sam Mallorca

Hi I have tickets for Athens in june , but now see there seems to be issues with stadium and it's currently closed , has anyone any info if Coldplay might cancel the concerts there ? i suppose work needed could be done before june . Can anyone recomend a way to find out what could happen ?

There are 3 of us travelling and want to get flights etc organised but im worried at the moment it could be cancelled.

• 3 months later...

They haven't announced anything new about the stadium yet. We should be patient and positive. I think they are working on it.

As soon as we have any update I will post it here!!🙏🙏🤞🏻🤞🏻🤞🏻

I've just read the below based on a tv station in Greece:

"If all goes according to plan, the concerts that were scheduled to take place at OAKA, as well as the much-anticipated Coldplay concert.

According to a report by ANT1, in the last few days preliminary work is being carried out on the roof of the OAKA to follow the universal removal of the polycarbonates that are damaged. There are a total of 5,000 pieces of Plexiglas that have been damaged, and must be removed and replaced, according to the study submitted to TAIPED and the confirmation by the expertise of the Technical Chamber of Greece.

At the end of February to the beginning of March, the third expert report of the TEE is expected, which will refer to the canopy of the large stadium.
After the removal of the damaged polycarbonates, which will last around 3 months, possibly, and if the TEE experts give written consent, the stadium will be opened and its maintenance in operation will follow."

Link: https://www.enikos.gr/society/coldplay-oaka-tha-pragmatopoiithei-i-polyanamenomeni-synavlia-me-vasi-ton-schediasmo/2103593/