✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

Question/comment about LOTR: Return of the King...

I was just thinking.. When Frodo is about to throw the ring in the fire, but doesn't, and Gollum comes along and takes the ring through that little struggle.. When Frodo's trying to get it back, why doesn't he just PUSH Gollum into the fire? It seems that would have taken care of two problems, unless he wanted to keep the ring for himself still.

Guest LiquidSky

Well I haven't read the books yet...but that's what I understood from that scene....

I was just thinking.. When Frodo is about to throw the ring in the fire' date=' but doesn't, and Gollum comes along and takes the ring through that little struggle.. When Frodo's trying to get it back, why doesn't he just PUSH Gollum into the fire? It seems that would have taken care of two problems, unless he wanted to keep the ring for himself still.[/quote']

The Ring ruled Frodo in the last moment...so he wanted to keep the Ring for himself ;) this is the point :)

Yeah, what Ivona said. :lol:

It's been a few years since I read the book, but I don't remember the struggle between Gollum and Frodo at the end being so long and drawn out... was it that way in the book and I just don't remember, or was that another creative license taken by Peter Jackson?