Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Coldplaying

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

chuck kottke

Members
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by chuck kottke

  1. Our noses are the product of selection and evolution. Some are bigger to filter out dust, some to warm incoming air, some vary for looks, but looks vary depending on cultural desires.. If it's not that big a deal, and it's reasonably safe, I don't see why not, but maybe it's un-necessary? John Lennon thought his face gave people the wrong impression, but if you're not a celeb, is it worth it? I don't know what to say!:confused:
  2. Good night, and sleep well.;)
  3. Welcome! If you are who you say, and are only one, then please stay.:) This is of course an order of the Knights of the Round Table, and as such, you are welcome to an equal seat at the table. Peace be with you.
  4. chuck kottke replied to chuck kottke's topic in The Lounge
    Thanks for the ego boost Fitz:), but then I am merely a fish swimming in the Devonian sea... You are one too!;);) Saw the NOVA special on it - very enlightening! It's amazing. true - how we work out problems, deal with tigers, and go through REM and non-REM sleep.. in rotations! We are the amazing results of evolution without a doubt, but with the capacity to reach beyond what any other life form here has done! What does Psychology teacher have to say about that?? I am constantly amazed at how we understand the micro, but the macro - that's a whole other academic realm! Still, all things great and small make up what we are, and what we are collectively. It's incredible to think that from neural impulses, to muscles, to all the work that gets us into space - it's just so beyond what we dare even fathom! Dreams are for problem solving, and avoiding death's icy grip. But in confidence I think we find strength and stability to achieve greater things... What does your prof say about the collective thoughts of humanity?
  5. chuck kottke replied to chuck kottke's topic in The Lounge
    It's a waterfall.. it's Niagara falls, it's Victoria falls.. it's what we dream it to be! It's all images on a screen, a screen excited by electrons from a beam hitting it.. what you see is in the mind, but then also in the minds of others. To me, it represents something. I see your image, and I am imagining a person who is on the 3-D screen without the green-red glasses! An artist no doubt.
  6. chuck kottke replied to chuck kottke's topic in The Lounge
    A beach house?! I like that!! The ultimate escape into something safe!!! In nature we find solace and solitude against the worlds we live in...
  7. chuck kottke replied to chuck kottke's topic in The Lounge
    It's a painting - I was searching for something violet at the time, and I ran across it in Google images, and it struck me as very evocative of portraying how one scene is connected to another - the early evening on a winter day over a harbor melds into a dream state; the state of a waterfalls, flowing as time or our minds do into another mindstate. Challenging our assumptions about what we perceive to be real, and provoking many emotional states from calm to storm. Come to think of it, it's always calm before a tornado like that - dark sky and all - ever sense that? It's quite intense!
  8. chuck kottke replied to chuck kottke's topic in The Lounge
    Wow, that's incredibly imaginative! Intersting!!! :laugh3: I'm not laughing at you, but it's just so interesting a dream!! I think I've had a dream like that for some reason.. maybe parallel universes.:cool: But what does it mean?
  9. chuck kottke replied to chuck kottke's topic in The Lounge
    Yes he is the voice of the Moody Blues, and what an amazing talent at that! Have you met him? ;)
  10. chuck kottke replied to chuck kottke's topic in The Lounge
    I believe we are all floating in a state of consciousness, which varies from one moment to another, but collectively at times brings us into a sense of oneness. We are at the one level biological, and going through life cycles, but also moving ahead as the reverberations of knowledge and understanding bring us to a higher state of consciousness. Are we separate? Are we one? Are we both? Quantum states of the mind methinks. Aquarius - I like the song! What is an Aquarius like Viri?
  11. chuck kottke replied to chuck kottke's topic in The Lounge
    Even here I am afraid to bear my soul, but since it is there for all to see, and it is perhaps the dream we all have.. I dreamed of holding a sweet loving girl in my arms, with no misgivings about love. All the pure simple love one can offer another, with the understanding of compassion and purpose we would share in our lives together. A simple dream of a dreamer I suppose, be it what it may be.. What did you dream recently?
  12. chuck kottke replied to chuck kottke's topic in The Lounge
    I am trying to unravel the truth, though I am but a human as we all are. For a time, I cared not, thinking it was all pointless, as we would be engulfed by the sun in time, and for the long haul then, what was the point? But now I think in other ways. This Earth, it's diversity is the gem. It is rare, perhaps the only one in the universe, or at least, the only one of it's kind. Worth saving, and worth putting forth elsewhere in the universe. We may be the only ship of life out there. What a concept! If we make the right plans, the life we know will go on indefinitely, unraveling new conscious thoughts about everything, and fulfilling an indefinite and ultimate purpose... But I am also a human. I have thoughts that are much more earthy, and sometimes wrong - as we all do at times! So forgive me my errors, for I do make amends. 'Post in a style that we can relate to?' What have I done wrong? I am not pretentious, but willing to challenge the thoughts we all have - and mine included - on what's possible, and what we can do, if we apply out enlightened best. I am not the first, and in fact history bears this out - Ada, Atkins, Jules Verne, Galileo, Aristotle, Buckminster Fuller! my God man, we are so slow to change! We are using something so advanced right now, we can barely even fathom it. Just think! That's all I'm asking. Dream, and think. It's a path worth taking. To vision a better way, amidst all the chaos and calamity. To forge a new reality, closer to the heart..
  13. chuck kottke replied to chuck kottke's topic in The Lounge
    Leave the worries, the fears, the missing person's league. Be in the moment: [ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oVBfsJ7SoxI&feature=related]YouTube - Eyes of a Child ~ Moody Blues[/ame]
  14. chuck kottke replied to chuck kottke's topic in The Lounge
    I am writing from a dreaming state of mind, for which you seem incapable of achieving, unless you prove otherwise. Go back to the land of reilly, unless you are unafraid of dreaming.. unafraid of exploring the unknown universe of ideas, thoughts, feelings, and experiences. Be free. Be free of the fear of emotional retribution, of the encumberences of stabs at the heart of pure freedom. Be that height of enlightenment, or be nothing at all.
  15. chuck kottke replied to chuck kottke's topic in The Lounge
    What?
  16. chuck kottke replied to chuck kottke's topic in The Lounge
    But here we are!!!!!!! Isn't this proof that we are something other than just biological? My God, we've jumped up and down on the moon, looked into the depths of superheated volcanic water streaming from the ocean bottoms, sent it all over the globe, linked everyone within an earshot with cell phones and satellites. Satellites! With solar cells!! , determined the inner workings of the clams of every riverbank and ocean all over the earth.. .. Tell of your dreams, you're amazing thoughts, you're inspiration!! Give the world something to cheer for!!! Go for it!
  17. People in the internet are just people on a wavelength of thought. What wavelength, what general theme are we here?
  18. chuck kottke posted a topic in The Lounge
    Across the universe, a streaming pulse of waves, spreading out and in in all directions, shining on objects never imagined, seeing the worlds we have not seen, viewing things in ways we have yet to imagine. All the amazing things, but what is amazement? What is awe? think and dream, dream and think..:sunny:
  19. Thus Spoke Zarathustra - Friedrich Nietsche
  20. l

    chuck kottke replied to a post in a topic in The Lounge
    I wonder if the makers of Spam aren't loosing control over their product's namesake!:laugh3:
  21. Wango tango by Teddy Nugent
  22. I had a dream last night, I was eating a ten pound marshmallow. I woke up this morning, and the pillow was gone.:stunned: -Bogart
  23. Lubbock, Texas.:cowboy:
  24. Was the world in a malaise in the early 2000's? Seems odd now that I look back at it.. Do you think Will could beat Ringo in a drum-off contest?:will::drummer::bandana:
  25. In the second city I followed the alpha-beta.. :dozey: Ica, Peru. (I had no clue it existed till the globe told me!)

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.