✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

ahoy ahoy :)

Merkaba82

hello all :)

My name is Nicholas and i've been posting for a few days now so I though I would drop the typical noob hello thread ;) I quite like it here compared to some of the radiohead forums i've been a member of for years. Everybody seems fo friendly... only question I have is... Is there a literature forum ?

Hey Nicholas :D I'm Jess

Yeah everyone here is super nice..well 99% of the people anyway. Hehe...I think literature is included in the "World of Everything Else" forum. :thumbsup:

Hi Jess :)

Thanks for the tip.. i'm headed to the "everything else" forum

Oooooo NYC..can I come?? :cheesy: Yeah I live in Nova Scotia' date=' Canada..it's cool up here I guess, but I sooooo would rather NYC. :sneaky:[/quote']

everybody is welcome to come along! i'll be there for school... I should be there already but i'm a little behind :( I can't wait to have access to all those love shows.

i've always watned to go to canada. I have many friends in Toronto and Vancouver

Cool cool! I was gonna go to the states for art school but I changed my mind. :P

You should come up here! We don't live in igloos ya know ;)

What school was it that you were considering?

I'm going to try to make it up there sometime soon. My girlfriend live in Baltimore. Perhaps we could take the train for a Canada visit someday:)

nice to know you don't live in an igloos..... just so you know Texas is not a desert with tumbleweeds like a lot of ppl up north seem to think :)

:lol: Do you guys constantly wear cowboy hats?

:lol: belive it or not I only know one person who even owns a cowboy hat. And it was given to them as a gag gift. And I don't own cows or live on a ranch or eat lots of bbq.

I think that about covers all the texas sterotypes :lol:

so besides coldplay... what other artists are you into jess?

:lol: Wow Texas isn't what I thought it was obviously. But you do have an accent right?

Besides Coldplay hmm..well Coldplay actually isn't very high on my list but I do like them. I like Our Lady Peace, Matthew Good, Garbage, Disturbed, Poe, Weezer, Rammstein..

others that I'm probably forgetting :cool: How bout you?

:lol: Wow Texas isn't what I thought it was obviously. But you do have an accent right?

Besides Coldplay hmm..well Coldplay actually isn't very high on my list but I do like them. I like Our Lady Peace, Matthew Good, Garbage, Disturbed, Poe, Weezer, Rammstein..

others that I'm probably forgetting :cool: How bout you?

indeed I do have an accent ;)

i'm much the same.... Coldplay are not all the high on my list but I do enjoy their music. my fav band has been Radiohead since 1995. After them would be The Smiths, AIR, Bjork, A Perfect Circle, The Flaming Lips, Talking Heads and Super Furry Animals.

I worked a Rammstein concert once... They put on an insane show!

Ah you like Radiohead eh? Well you'll get along wonderfully with most people here then :lol:

Rammstein are pretty rockin', I just wish I could understand them! :P How did you get a chance to work at one of their concerts?

my best friends brother in law is head of productions for the biggest concert promoter here in Texas. I've had a chance to work many concerts.. usually backstage setting up dressing rooms and such :) It's not bad except they are usually artists that I have no interest in.

and actually that same friend is going to Berlin in December with a few ppl to go see Rammstein. He invited me but i can't get that time off from work :(

That would be such an awesome job! That guy is luuuucky.

It stinks that you can't get time off work. Believe me I'm in the same boat.They NEVER let me take time off :confused: This is my last week of work though :stunned:

yea.. i've thought about leaving many times.. i work at Best Buy though and to give up that great discount would be a crime

Mmmm discounts, my favorite :wink3:

I work at a daycare right now and the only reason I'm leaving is because I'm going back to school. I wish I could keep working there because I love it so much!!

so you don't work during school? Lucky butt. I have to work during school :( Otherwise I would never have money to go see my girlfriend in Balitmore :(

Earlier this year I worked at a Hyatt resort. Worst possible job to have, constant ass kissing of guests.

hi mimi :) pleasure to meet you

Oh I do have to work during school' date=' I just can't keep that job because it's only open till 6 in the evening and not on weekends. :/ Yeah if I didn't work during school I would be in rough shape :lol:[/quote']

ahh I see.. What kind of job do you think you will pursue during the semester?

I'm thinking of applying at a used bookstore in town because I like books and it's not that busy so I can do homework while no customers are in there :)

Perfect! i worked at a used bookstore a while back. One of the most relaxing jobs you could imagine. I thought about going back there but the discount and pay at Best Buy is too good. You should totally do that, you would love it :)