October 6, 200421 yr Hi there! I'm new on this site, but I've already read some of the topics and you all look very sympathic! I just wanted to know one thing: What is a falsetto? I read a lot of those times (mainly about Chris) and I guess it is something with the voice! Hope this question has already been asked...
October 6, 200421 yr Ask any man to speak in a woman's voice, and 9 times out of 10 they will use falsetto. It's another register of a man's voice which allows him to speak and sing in a higher pitch... think Justin Hawkins of The Darkness. Chris Martin uses falsetto a lot. Just a few examples:- "yeah we do, yeah we do" in Don't Panic "nobody said it was easy" in The Scientist "I know that everything's not lost" in Everything's Not Lost "so I crawl back into your open arms" in Warning Sign Jeff Buckley and Thom Yorke are two other good examples of singers who use falsetto often.
October 7, 200421 yr Skinned Alive ^^ that's a very precise answer, i like it. and even though i can't add to it really.., but 'inlovewithlondon', here is something you can try. Try singing a note you can sing with some comfort; and then bend your voice higher, and you'll notice there's a point where just air and no tones seem to be coming out...well, when you reach that point, everything higher is falsetto :cool4: <--That's Skinned Alive
October 7, 200421 yr Author hey! thank you all guys for those answers! i thought it was some kind of that thing because i read it in articles about thom yorke and chris! i tried and accely it's quite easy!! by the way i'm just realising on thing: if anyone saw the film "amadeus" then you must have noticed that the guy who is playing mozart has a great falsetto wehen he laughs .... :) but that was just like a little anecdote...
October 8, 200421 yr think Justin Hawkins of The Darkness :/ or think: "and fake plaAAstic trees." in Fake Plastic Trees
October 9, 200421 yr Everytime I see that one guy I wonder how such a man can get his voice to go so high.
October 9, 200421 yr Everytime I see that one guy I wonder how such a man can get his voice to go so high. the guy from the darkness? answer: his testicles haven't dropped yet
October 9, 200421 yr yeah falsetto is fun, i use them alot to change vocals up in stuff to give it more of a variety.
Create an account or sign in to comment