✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

Speed Of Sound B-Sides

PolitikClocks

Don't know how accurate this information is, but I thought it should be shared.

From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia.

"Speed of Sound"

"Speed of Sound" is the first single from Coldplay's third album, X&Y. In April 2005, the single was first released as a purchasable ringtone. It will make its radio premiere on BBC Radio 1 with Steve Lamacq on the evening of Monday, 18 April 2005. However, a 30-second clip of the song is already available for download as a mobile phone ringtone from Cingular Wireless.

Beginning with a piano riff reminsicent of Coldplay's "Clocks", the song builds into a huge, synth-heavy chorus: "Birds go flying at the speed of sound, to show you where it all began/Birds come flying from the underground, if you could see it then you'd understand."

Coldplay premiered "Speed of Sound" at a small gig in London in March 2005.

Track listing

"Speed of Sound"

"Things I Don't Understand"

"Proof"

Retrieved from "http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Speed_of_Sound_%28single%29"

I wrote it!!

Ha ha!! I just wrote this Wikipedia article today. :lol:

I don't know about the tracklisting (I didn't write that), but I did write this:

Beginning with a piano riff reminsicent of Coldplay's "Clocks", the song builds into a huge, synth-heavy chorus: "Birds go flying at the speed of sound, to show you where it all began/Birds come flying from the underground, if you could see it then you'd understand."

I know this cos I've heard the song!! Try LimeWire everyone, you'll find live bootleg versions of Square One, Speed of Sound and a whole lot of others. (I haven't heard Square One yet though cos I want to keep myself in suspense).

Speed of Sound is so amazing! It's even better than Talk! I almost cried when I heard it! It's got huge hit written all over it! Get it now, it'll send shivers down your spine! (Or just wait four days and it'll be on the radio).

Coldplay is back people, and better than ever. :)