✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

Coldplay @ Coachella

wiReZ

Okay, I wasn't going to go originally, but my freinds talked me into it. I bought my ticket today! Kind of late notice, haha. Anyways, does anyone know if they're going to premier any new songs other than the ones played at the KCRW show since I went to that?

From Coachella's Online FAQ, no recorders are allowed. I would SO RECORD IT! But I don't have a nice recorder, or any for that fact. The last KCRW recording was done with a Sony MiniDisc MZ-R700 player with a ECM717 Sony Microphone. So, yeah.. I don't think I'll buy one of these setups for this onetime use. Unless someone wants to PayPal me some cash and I'll do it :) haha

Hi!

This is making me all 'emo' remembering last year...one of the best times of my life!!

Here are some tips.

Be sure to read the FAQ/Rules before going:

http://coachella.com/rules/

Lucky you! Seems it'll be a bearable hot day...unlike last year! It was stupid hot!!!

If you're going down from LA; try to leave before rush hour...it'll take forever to leave LA.

Digital cameras ARE allowed; but not professional ones. Chances are good that you can get a recorder in.

If you wanna try to "smuggle" water in, hide some water bottles at the bottom in a shirt or somethin' and a "decoy" on top. There will prob. only be the one or two water taps to refill your water, tho.

IF you are planning on meeting up with people, pick a spot ahead of time. I couldn't seem to find a map on their website, but there will prob be the Virgin Records tent there or there's the water refill taps. There are thousands of people everywhere!!!

It will be hard to get a cell phone signal while you're there.

It WILL take you forever to get to the carpark, so do leave early on your way to the venue. Do your best to mark out the spot where your car is. Tie a ribbon to the antenna, for example. And to get 'home'... try to leave before the last act (except for Saturday, of course...in that case, just chill on the grass for a while). Otherwise you'll be spending 2 hours (no joke) waiting to EXIT the parking lot.

If you can, bring a cooler full of ice and leave it in the car so you can have some cool-ish drinks when you get back to your car.

If you're going with a group of friends; PICK A MEET-UP time AND place in case you get lost....cuz it's huge!

And if anyone's planning on waiting at the front for Coldplay; PLEASE take sunscreen, your hat, one of those "solar blankets" (to block the sun) and foodbars and as much water as you can. I had a friend who was at the front waiting for Radiohead ALL day long and passed out, into their set, from heatstroke.

HAVE FUN!!!

:)

can't wait' date=' i'm going saturday only, don't think i have any recording devices that are smuggable (?) my brother does however have a camera that can record up to 10 min, so maybe two good songs? heh[/quote']

do whatever it takes :wink3: :lol:

Some rought draft of the setlist have shown up on the coldplay messageboard here: http://forums.coldplay.com/viewtopic.php?t=22828&sid=ec39a0791277239dddc1108e908cf00e

From Microminimonz over on coldplay.com:

Set list:

Square One

Politik

God Put A Smile upon your face

Speed of Sound

Warning Sign

Yellow

Low

The Scientist

Til Kingdom Come

Clocks

What If

A Message

In my place

Fix you

i may have missed one song. i think.

And there are some fan reviews on there as well.

Hopefully we'll hear back from some coldplayers here, too... Might take a day or 2, tho.

:)

I got this from the other board

Square One

Politik

God Put A Smile upon your face

Speed of Sound

Warning Sign

Yellow

Low

The Scientist

Til Kingdom Come

Clocks