✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

confiscating cell phones at buzz gigs...

tnines

i am going to the Boston Avalon show and wanted to know if they really are confiscating cell phones at the doors? If anybody went to one of the other buzz gigs could you let me know if this is true. If this is true I think it is completely ridiculous and not needed. If anyone could inform me it would be greatly appreciated, thanks.

the new article at the news page says they did this at the chicago gig, but I wanted to double check with anyone who was actually there. If this is true I think this band and management need to get some things in order because they will piss a lot of people off.

if this is true. If this is true I think it is completely ridiculous and not needed.

i don't think it's that crazy of them to ask that we don't bring cellphones and such and that if you do it might be taken away. they don't want people taking pictures or recording the new material -- if you weren't planning on doing that then not bringing your cellphone shouldn't be an issue.

Cellphones

I was at the Chicago metro show, which was awesome, and YES they did confiscate cellphones and/or the batteries. Its obviously to counter recordings. I would NOT bring my phone if you can help it. The line was ridiculously long to pick it up after the show.

Re: Cellphones

I was at the Chicago metro show' date=' which was awesome, and YES they did confiscate cellphones and/or the batteries. Its obviously to counter recordings. I would NOT bring my phone if you can help it. The line was ridiculously long to pick it up after the show.[/quote']

did the show started on time? :huh: i am taking a bus after so i want know, to have an idea ;)

Yeah, same here. I agree that it is a little ridiculous, 99% of the people with cell phones have it solely for the purpose of communication, not to take pictures or to record the show -- and I haven't seen anything on the website for Avalon, on Coldplay's website or on the tickets (or ticketmaster) saying "Don't bring your phone." I don't want it to be confiscated, and it is ridiculous to expect me to know not to bring a cell phone, seeing as I have never been told (aside from this community) that it was banned.

maybe they hope people will hear not to bring cellphones through word of mouth. besides i've been to lots of concerts where they confiscate things that they don't necessarily warn they will take.

it's not a big deal. you shouldn't have to have your cellphone at the concert. leave it in the car or if you need to call for a ride after the show use a quarter payphone.