✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

queen covers and trouble

when the levee breaks

Green Day already did a cover of "We Are The Champions", and besides, Coldplay knows Queen doesn't think very highly of them. They're better of doing a Pink Floyd cover (that is NOT Another Brick In The Wall for once). That would rock.

only one of queen has expressed a dislike. in any case i still think they could do justice too some queen songs. does anyone know if any of the band have a liking for queen. and on the pink floyd subject how about comfortably numb? i know scissor sisters did one but coldplay could do one more in keeping with the original.

The fact is' date=' if Coldplay wants to dethrone U2 from the best band in the world spot, they can't cover one of their songs. It's just not right.[/quote']

they never said they wanted to 'beat' U2.... but to strive for the best.. which for them.. is a band like U2 or of U2 caliber... this is a competiton... and I believe Chris elaborated on this on an MTV interview..

The Beatles aren't the best RIGHT NOW. Actually, no one is. But if Coldplay wants to, then they've gotta stick to promoting their own music.

Save Pink Floyd for later in other words. ;)

The Beatles aren't the best RIGHT NOW. Actually' date=' no one is. But if Coldplay wants to, then they've gotta stick to promoting their own music.[/quote']

the Beatles are the best rock band to ever emerge... if you know anything about rock n'roll... none of the bands today would be here if it werent for them...

Well, technically you can go back even further and say that Elvis Presley started the whole rock scene and that nothing would have happened if it weren't for him. But I don't argue with you about the Beatles. They didn't make songs. They crated anthems.

EDIT: Black artists began making rock n' roll way before even Elvis. so there you go. those guys should be thanked.

Well, technically you can go back even further and say that Elvis Presley started the whole rock scene and that nothing would have happened if it weren't for him. But I don't argue with you about the Beatles. They didn't make songs. They crated anthems.

EDIT: Black artists began making rock n' roll way before even Elvis. so there you go. those guys should be thanked.

Elvis isnt rock n'roll.......... he's a blues singer... hence the blues influence you are referring to.. I get that. But when you think of rock bands... the pioneers are the Beatles..

I guess. But they were one of the softer ones. Real rock n' roll didn't truly start till bands like Queen, AC/DC, and Led Zeppelin came.

Of course, that's coming from a 14 year old who really has no idea what he's talking about. :lol: