✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

Opening Act for Coldplay

supermet

I saw that Black Mountain was supposed to open for Coldplay...

But I just went to the show in Hartford. Coldplay was amazing, but whoever opened (wasn't sure if it was Black Mountain, I could barely hear the artist anyways) was completely awful. It was just a guy singing and playing an acoustic guitar and he was worse than a bar or lounge singer. Was wondering if anyone knew more about that who went to Hartford, and who opened for the Canadian shows (and who's opening for future shows).

omg it was awful.f.. maybe it was a side project of Black Mountain because if u go their website (http://www.Blackmoutainarmy.com) it sort of shows three bands that some of the memebers participate in: Black Moutain, Pink Moutain Drops,& JERK W/ A BOMB. Now if u click the photo section "Pink Moutain Drops" show a picture of one man, so that's who i believe it was- Pink Moutain Drops. and yeah he was awful LOLFR

I loved the tambourine guy! He looked like he had nothing to live for and didn't believe in anything, but just kept on playing that tambourine.

The songs were all pretty terrible though. One line was, "wedding bells and booty calls". I wish I could have seen Rilo Kiley, she's decent.

I loved the tambourine guy! He looked like he had nothing to live for and didn't believe in anything' date=' but just kept on playing that tambourine. [/quote']haha...he actually stood in the aisle next to us when Coldplay was on. Too bad he didn't stay...I wanted to know how he landed a job like that haha

undefinedwhere were you sitting? I assume you must have been someplace up front for that guy to have been standing near you. I was in section 200 row S, maybe you were someplace near me. I thought the show was so amazing from where I sat, but honestly, I think the show was amazing from everywhere. I loved the show so much that I'm going to try to get lawn seats for another show :D

In Defense of Black Mountain...

For everyone who saw "Black Mountain" in Hartford, the guy that played was actually just the bass player. The rest of the band had a bit of trouble getting through immigration, so you didn't actually get to hear Black Mountain, who are on the tour at the personal request of Coldplay.