✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

Rolling Stones Launch Lyrical Assault On Bush

colduser

From USA Today

On their "A Bigger Bang" album, out Sept. 6, Britain's Rolling Stones level an unusually direct blast at President Bush, calling him "more hypocrite than patriot" and ripping his foreign policy agenda. "It's liberty for all, democracy's our style/Unless you're against us, then it's prison without trial." Mick Jagger sings in Sweet Neo Con. Most previous political commentaries by the Stones, from Street Fighting Man to Undercover of the Night, have been more veiled.

Once again i dont only like emo. i like almost all music from oprah to classical to coldplay to TI to taking back sunday. the stones are just crap' date=' i hate most music from that era. specaily there's.[/quote']

i didn't know oprah was a musician.

what music do you like from "that era?"

One of the members of the band is worried about the song because he lives there and their could be a backlash. Good on the stones to write a song about this, I thought most musicians didn't have an opinion about Bush.

Now this:

NEW YORK (AP) -- The Rolling Stones' upcoming album contains a song seemingly critical of President Bush, but Mick Jagger denies it's directed at him, according to the syndicated TV show "Extra."

"It is not really aimed at anyone," Jagger said on the entertainment-news show's Wednesday edition. "It's not aimed, personally aimed, at President Bush. It wouldn't be called 'Sweet Neo Con' if it was."

The song is from the new album, "A Bigger Bang," set for release September 6.

There is no mention of Bush or Iraq. But it does refer to military contractor Halliburton, which was formerly run by Vice President Cheney and has been awarded key Iraq contracts, and the rising price of gasoline.

"How come you're so wrong? My sweet neo-con, where's the money gone, in the Pentagon," goes one refrain.

The song also includes the line: "It's liberty for all, democracy's our style, unless you are against us, then it's prison without trial."

"It is certainly very critical of certain policies of the administration, but so what! Lots of people are critical," Jagger told "Extra."

A representative for the Stones said the group had no further comment about the song.

The Rolling Stones intend to kick off a U.S. tour in Boston August 21.

• 1 month later...
Once again i dont only like emo. i like almost all music from oprah to classical to coldplay to TI to taking back sunday. the stones are just crap' date=' i hate most music from that era. specaily there's.[/quote']

i didn't know oprah was a musician.

what music do you like from "that era?"

:lol: nice call