✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

Woody Guthrie (A Must Read Quote)

carpediem

Bono and Chris Martin have both admited that Bob Dylan was an influence in their music. Which is very obvious when you hear the similarities of "changes in voice" and how sound goes along with the lyrics. Also poetry is used. Music history is showing that this style of sound and lyrics all come from Woody Guthrie and other folk and country singers. Maybe some people will say they like Coldplay but not U2, or say they don't like Bob Dylan or U2, but they like Coldplay. That is expected. The sound may be different, however, there is a similarity in how sound is used with lyrics. Read Woody Guthrie's quote down below. I find this quote to be very interesting.

"I hate a song that makes you think that you are no good … I am out to fight those songs to my very last breath of air and my last drop of blood. I am out to sing songs that will prove to you that this is your world and that if it’s hit you pretty hard and knocked you for a dozen loops, no matter how hard it’s run you down, and rolled over you, no matter what colour, what size you are, how you are built, I am out to sing the songs that will make you take pride in yourself and your work.---Woody Guthrie"