✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

The 60s....

Gitta Rensolo

Louis Armstrong's best stuff was done almost 40 years prior to the 1960's, and Marvin Gaye's best stuff was in the 70's. And Queen was also 70's, and Led Zeppelin only had two albums released in the 60's, and they were both 1969, so I consider them a 70's band.

But to the growing list I will add:

Bob Dylan

Love

Jefferson Airplane

The Zombies

The United States of America

The Incredible String Band

John Coltrane

Ornette Coleman

Donovan

Miles Davis (who could also be applied to the 40's, 50's, and 70's)

The Velvet Underground

Sun Ra

The Temptations

im back. ...

i was thinking and did a search:

what a wonderful world was released in 1968 and louis got real, huge famous in the 60's.

and do you know that song called I Heard It Through The Grapevine (marvin gaye)? is from 1968 too.

my 60's is all right, dont you think? :wink3:

I didn't say Marvin Gaye didn't have any hits in the 60's, but come on... "Heard it Through the Grapevine" and assorted other singles vs. landmark classic albums like What's Going On and Let's Get it On and Here, My Dear? No contest.

Also, "What a Wonderful World" may have been from the 60's, but Louis Armstrong's most definitive and characteristic work came decades before that, and he was world famous loooooooooooooong before that as well. Characterizing him as a 60's artist is sort of like saying Santana is mainly a 00's artist because his song with Rob Thomas was a hit, when everybody knows his most important work was from decades in the past.

Just sayin'. :P

Characterizing him as a 60's artist is sort of like saying Santana is mainly a 00's artist because his song with Rob Thomas was a hit, when everybody knows his most important work was from decades in the past.

Santana was around before that song with Rob Thomas!?!?!

Just kidding. Don't kill me.

Characterizing him as a 60's artist is sort of like saying Santana is mainly a 00's artist because his song with Rob Thomas was a hit, when everybody knows his most important work was from decades in the past.

Santana was around before that song with Rob Thomas!?!?!

Just kidding. Don't kill me.

:lol:

I'm a fan of the sixties music...like:The Who' date='The Doors and more...who else???[/quote']

Were you at Woodstock, you hippy chick, you?? :P

No I was not at Woodstock.....I think Woodstock is funny...hmmm.... :idea2: but I was at the musical "Hair" in cologne and the funny thing is that in the first row were sitting some real Hippies and at the end they stood up and began to dance...THAT was really funny :lol:

Elvis Presley - early 60s and 68 upwards

The Rat Pack - Frank Sinatra, Dean Martin and Sammy Davis Jr.

Tom Jones

Tony Bennett

Bing Crosby - not nearly as prolific, but still great

Sam Cooke

Glenn Campbell

Fats Domino

Smokey Robinson and the Miracles

The Jive Five

Ricky Nelson

Little Anthonly and the Imperials

Ella Fitzgeald......

Just waaaaayy too many to list.