✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

idiot riff / easy to please piano riff

babo

Well, on the guitar the chours/instrumental riff Jonny plays on Idoit is....(Beginners better listen to the song a few times, I would guess)

ho = Hammer-On & / \ = slide finger up or down

e|-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

b|-----------------8----------8---------------6----------6------------6--------6----------

g|-----------0---------0----------0---------------0----------0-----------0--------0-----

d|--9ho10----10---------10---------10--9----------9----------9\7--------7--------7---

a|-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

e|-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

e|--------------------------------------------------|

b|--6----------5----------5------------------------|

g|------0----------0----------0--------------------|

d|--------7\5---------5----------5----------------|

a|--------------------------------------------------|

e|--------------------------------------------------|

Jonny sometimes slides up to the X-X-7-0-6-X position at the end there in place of the last X-X-5-0-5-X one, usually during the instrumental part of the song.

Just going straight from the guitar tab I wrote above (well, it's nearly the same) the Piano notes for that Idiot riff are:

(Bare in mind that there is a G note there that should be played an octave higher sometimes, I'll add a '+' sign next to the highest one,you'll easily figure that out I hope)

B, C, G, C, G+, G, C, G+, G, C, B, F, G, B, F, G, B, A, F, G, A, F, G, A, F, G, E, C, G, E, C, G.

I put a couple of 'C' notes in there at the end just to make it flow right with the rhythm of the riff. The 'C' notes aren't on there guitar riff or the piano for that matter, I think, but because on guitar you can play the exact same pitched note on more than one string at the same time it just doesn't fit to piano like that.

Anyway, you should be able to work out what chris plays at the end of the riff, he just plays a couple of notes a few times (G & E and errrrrmmm stick a A and F in there just before the riff re-peats if you feel like it :cool: )