🌙 COLDPLAY ANNOUNCE MOON MUSIC OUT OCTOBER 4TH 🎵

.....Preparations for Iran strike

US military, intelligence officials raise concern about possible preparations for Iran strike

Larisa Alexandrovna / Raw Story | May 12 2006

Concern is building among the military and the intelligence community that the US may be preparing for a military strike on Iran, as military assets in key positions are approaching readiness, RAW STORY has learned.

According to military and intelligence sources, an air strike on Iran could be doable in June of this year, with military assets in key positions ready to go and a possible plan already on the table.

Speculation has been growing on a possible air strike against Iran. But with the failure of the Bush administration to present a convincing case to the UN Security Council and to secure political backing domestically, some experts say the march toward war with Iran is on pause barring an "immediate need."

"In March/April of this year [the US] was pushing for quick closure, a thirty day window," says a source close to the UN Security Council, describing efforts by the Administration to "shore up enough support" to get a UN Chapter 7 resolution.

A UN Chapter 7 resolution makes it possible for sanctions to be imposed against an uncooperative nation and leaves the door open to military action.

The UN source also says that a military analysis suggests that no military action should be undertaken in Iran until spring of 2007, but that things remain volatile given this administration’s penchant for having "their own way."

Retired Air Force Colonel and former faculty member at the National War College Sam Gardiner has heard some military suggestions of a possible air campaign in the near future, and although he has no intimate knowledge of such plans, he says recent aircraft carrier activity and current operations on the ground in Iran have raised red flags.

Gardiner says his concerns have kept him busy attempting to create the most likely scenario should such an attack occur.

"I would expect two or three aircraft carriers would be moved into the area," Gardner said, describing what he thinks is the best way air strikes could be carried out without disengaging assets from US fronts in Afghanistan and Iraq.

Two air-craft carriers are already en route to the region, RAW STORY has found. The USS Abraham Lincoln, which recently made a port call in Singapore, and the USS Enterprise which left Norfolk, Virginia earlier this month, are headed for the Western Pacific and Middle East. The USS Ronald Reagan is already operating in the Gulf.

Strike could come earlier than thought...........CONTINUE ARTICLE HERE

US Army Troop Build up on Iraq-Iran Borders

zaman.com | May 12 2006

After the Tehran administration conducted operations against the terror network Kurdish Workers' Party (PKK) by crossing the Iraqi border, the US Army in Iraq is claimed to have increased the military build up of US troops on the Iranian border.

Tehran local radio announced the US stationed army units on the Iraqi border, increased reconnaissance flights in the region, and trained anti-Iran militias in Iraq. Iranian Interior Ministry confirmed the information.

Activity on the 450 kilometer long border is gradually increasing. Tehran radio also recorded that the US aircrafts reconnaissance flights could also be seen from villages along the border.

According to reports on Turkish news channel CNN Turk, Acting Iranian Interior Minister Mohammed Bakir Zulkadir also confirmed the border activity and said they are closely monitoring the situation.

The US administration, however, announced they increased the troops stationed at the border as a security measure since the insurgent's smuggle stocks weapons into Iraq from Iran.

Meanwhile, both Turkey and the US have reportedly agreed to collaborate on the Iran and Syria issues. According to the Turkish official based news posted on the Middle East Newsline website, the US sought Turkey's assistance on intelligence gathering on Syria and Iran.

Accordingly, it was claimed, Turkey "moved in harmony with the US in the operational phase" after the monitoring.

US Defense Department officials are reportedly conducting talks over the use of Turkey as a base for a military operation in the Middle East.

its a sad thing, but actually, this is needed, Iraq was not needed, and we would have MUCH more leverage and credibility if we hadn't committed our troops to iraq. Iran is seeing what is happening and thinks they can win now, and so do the insurgents. I have been saying it all along, if there is a needed war, at all, it is with iran and north korea, they have the weapons and they have the problems, not iraq. I doubt we will see action until the VERY end of Bush's term. But who knows? as i said, its sad, but it is needed.

I know, I know. I know it's going to happen. And I know more people are going to die. And I know that Iran is really asking for this.

But damnit, when is it going to end? There has to be another diplomatic approach. If only the UN weren't so fucking corrupt.

• Like 1

as i said before, it is actually a needed war, but so much of our credibility was lost when we went into iraq.

Im really sick of war, but it has to happen, my friend joined the army a month ago, looks like he will be eligible for active duty right around the time this will all go down...:cry:

as i said before, it is actually a needed war, but so much of our credibility was lost when we went into iraq.

Im really sick of war, but it has to happen, my friend joined the army a month ago, looks like he will be eligible for active duty right around the time this will all go down...:cry:

I'm sure those soldiers are victimes