🌙 COLDPLAY ANNOUNCE MOON MUSIC OUT OCTOBER 4TH 🎵

Glorious Dettori ends Derby jinx

_42979821_authorized203.jpg

Dettori and Authorized finished five lengths clear

Frankie Dettori rode favourite Authorized to an emphatic win as he ended his Epsom Derby jinx in style.

The Peter Chapple-Hyam-trained colt hit the front two furlongs out and finished five lengths clear to give Dettori his first win in 15 attempts.

"It was like the whole world was shouting over the last 100 yards," Dettori told BBC Sport. "I was full of emotion. I had to pinch myself."

Eagle Mountain was second, with Aqualeem third out of the 17 runners.

Chapple-Hyam celebrated his second win in the Derby, after Dr Devious triumphed in 1992.

"He's a very good horse. I've always thought he was from day one," he told BBC Sport.

"He's never let me down and has a serious turn of foot. He travels and you can do most things with him.

"Frankie was probably a bit further back than I wanted him to be but Authorized has got so much class."

Authorized went off as the 5-4 market leader, having shown he was a genuine contender for top honours with victory in the Dante Stakes at York.

Sitting well off the early pace set by Kid Mambo, Authorized was 10th of the 17 runners as the field approached the descent to Tattenham Corner.

But he cruised through the field with two furlongs remaining and a few gentle reminders from his jockey put the race to bed.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/other_sports/horse_racing/6698707.stm