✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

Strings in VLV

Guest Hyperfried

Guest Hyperfried

I'm quite interested... it's quite clear that strings provide the body and heart of Viva la Vida (the soul is Will and Chris), but here's the thing: On the official Coldplay television, one can see the gang playing all of their respective instruments. Now, this makes me curious - do any of Coldplay actually play an orchestral string instrument? Or is that all just staged, and is it actually performed by some stock orchestra?

INTERESTED!

• 1 month later...

Unfortunately, it is stock. Yeah, yeah I know its cheap but what can you do. Orchestra isn't their specialty. If only it wasn't such a hassle to use a live orchestra for live performances and not just a TV on stage :P. Whatever the song still rox ;)

• 1 month later...

I don't know if this has been asked somewhere else...

During the concerts they play a black & white video in the TV next to the keyboards where you see them playing cello, violin etc.

Do you think we will ever get that video?

Or was it just made for the snippets in the song video and they use it during the concert?

Even though they don't play those instruments, I think they have a very convincing posture (the way they hold the instruments and bows).

I'd love to see that bigger!!

And they are wearing suits!!!

• 2 years later...