✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

help with Yes for guitar

fakfak

Has anyone worked out Jon's part for Yes on guitar? (I've found tons of tabs for acoustic that are clearly not the part for electric guitar.) In particular, is the tuning funky somehow. I've fiddled around with several tunings but can't get it sounding close to correct.

"Are you and your friends still putting up that site regarding all of Jonny's Gear/FX/Guitar etc"

Kind of. It's still something I'mtrying to get together, but my friends both kind of bailed on the project which slowed progress to a crawl. I do intend to do it, but not in the near future as it stands now...

I think that's pretty close to correct. It still sounds a bit off when I play it, but I'm sure that's due to other factors (lack of proper f/x, looped bits, and simple general sucking at playing the guitar.):laugh3:

Thanks for posting it.:D

I think that's pretty close to correct. It still sounds a bit off when I play it, but I'm sure that's due to other factors (lack of proper f/x, looped bits, and simple general sucking at playing the guitar.):laugh3:

Thanks for posting it.:D

Haha, from what i hear about your knowledge of guitar and what gear you have, I'm not sure that last sentence is correct "Simple general sucking at playing guitar". If you watch that Amazon.com video of Yes, playing different parts of the song a bit higher on the fret board might make a difference.

"Haha, from what i hear about your knowledge of guitar and what gear you have, I'm not sure that last sentence is correct "Simple general sucking at playing guitar"

Thanks. However keep in mind that knowledge in no way implies skill...:laugh3: