✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

"Cow" sick can you get?

mc_squared

Lunch on the run: Shocking moment LIVE cow is fed to five hungry tigers in front of tourists

By Mail Foreign Service

Last updated at 10:30 AM on 05th February 2010

Visiting a wildlife park is often an opportunity to witness nature up close.

But imagine one group of tourist's surprise when several hungry tigers tucked into a live cow right in front of them.

These pictures show the shocking moment tourist guides fed a live cow to five hungry tigers.

article-0-08268DF2000005DC-546_634x358.jpg Tucking in: A group of tourists watch on in horror as a live cow is fed to a group of tigers

article-0-08268F38000005DC-886_634x399.jpg Head to head: The cow valiantly attempts to take on a tiger at the Siberian Tiger Park, in Harbin, China

The shocked visitors watched from the safety of their buses as the fearsome beasts launched into a feeding frenzy.

The cow had been dumped from the back of a truck and made a brave attempt to escape before being overcome by the powerful tigers.

Amateur photographer Chris Geddes, 31, captured the images on a trip to the Siberian Tiger Park, in Harbin, China.

He said: 'I had heard that the Siberian Tiger Park was a famous tourist attraction in the area and I jumped at the chance to go.

'After a brief walk through the traditional zoo-like cages and some more spacious enclosures, we were loaded on to one of six buses for the guided tour of the park.

'The park was spread across several square kilometres of land with a meandering dirt road.

article-1248719-08268D77000005DC-283_634x370.jpg Horror: Within several seconds the cow fell to the ground, unable to stave off the tigers' attack

article-1248719-08268F7C000005DC-281_634x345.jpg

Amateur photographer Chris Geddes, 31, captured the images on a trip to the wildlife park

'Along the way we saw lions and tigers aplenty mostly asleep in the shade of trees next to the road.

'After 20 minutes the buses formed a ring in an open dirt field where we were joined by several jeeps carrying park employees.

'Clearly this event was anticipated by a group of five tigers who immediately appeared from beneath the adjacent trees.'

Father-of-one Chris, from Ontario, Canada, said park staff threw meat to the tigers and then released three live chickens and a pheasant.

Chris added: 'The athleticism of the tigers was clearly apparent and the crowd were enjoying the photo opportunity.

'What came next, however, was utterly unexpected.

article-1248719-08268EA3000005DC-393_634x355.jpg

The cow had been dumped from the back of a truck and made a brave attempt to escape before being overcome by the powerful tigers

article-0-08268E9B000005DC-951_634x356.jpg

Stand off: The tigers close in on the cow that seemed 'generally unwell' to one tourist

'A large dump truck reversed into the ring of buses while the armoured jeeps drove quickly around the perimeter in an attempt to energise the tigers.

'I looked at my friend in disbelief as the back of the truck lifted and a live cow slid out landing on its back.

'The cow, which appeared generally unwell, clambered to it's feet as two tigers approached, one taking the offensive lead.

'Within several seconds the cow fell to the ground, unable to stave off the cats' attack.

'Two other cats joined in to end the struggle. I could not believe my eyes.'

Orthopaedic surgeon Chris said when he and his friend came to leave the park they spotted a 'menu' with prices for various animals to be thrown to the tigers alive.

Chickens were available for just £3.50, while a cow was on offer for £130.