Zambian president left pee-ved off

Julie

after monkey urinates on him

article-0-05798863000005DC-417_468x347.jpg

By MAIL FOREIGN SERVICE

Last updated at 3:05 PM on 25th June 2009

Comments (3)

Add to My Stories

A monkey urinated on Zambian President Rupiah Banda as he spoke to journalists at a news conference in the capital Lusaka yesterday.

Banda shouted: 'You (monkey) have urinated on my jacket,' and paused as he looked up to see the animal playing in a tree just above his chair.

He joked: 'I will give this monkey for lunch to Mr Sata', referring to opposition leader Michael Sata, who Banda defeated in last year's elections.

Enlarge

Press leak: Zambian President Rupiah Banda is startled after the monkey urinates on him during a press conference, but sees the funny side

The culprit: The monkey continues playing above the president's head after providing him with an impromptu shower

'Perhaps these are blessings,' he said continuing his address amid laughter from the audience of journalists and diplomats at the State House presidential offices.

Banda has been addressing the economic downturn and was reassuring Zambians about the falling prices for the country's main export, copper.

It is not know if there are any superstitions in the country relating monkey urine to good fortune.

Several monkeys play around the grounds of Banda's residence and his office.

There are also many species of antelope and birds in the State House grounds. article-0-057988F3000005DC-381_237x254.jpg

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/worldnews/article-1195491/Zambian-president-left-pee-ved-monkey-urinates-him.html#ixzz0jcreKTse