✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

"Wellie" I never!!

mc_squared

The festival wellies that charge your iPod while you dance

By Daily Mail Reporter

Last updated at 1:40 AM on 10th June 2010

article-0-09F5AB8A000005DC-809_233x496.jpg The Orange wellies - perfect for wet festivals

Music fans can use their mobiles at festivals this summer without fear of draining the battery - thanks to a new pair of wellies that charge your phone as you dance.

Power Wellies have a power-generating sole that converts heat from your feet into electrical current.

This 'welectricity', as the makers call it, can then be used to charge a mobile phone.

Twelve hours of stomping through the muddy fields of festival sites will give you one hour of phone use.

Bouncing up and down in the dance tent gives you even more call time - because the hotter your feet get, the more energy is produced.

Mobile phone company Orange will unveil their eco-friendly wellies at the Glastonbury Festival in Pilton, Somerset, later this month.

They have been created with renewable energy experts GotWind.

Andrew Pearcey, from Orange UK, said: 'Orange remain loyal to the green ethos of the Glastonbury Festival.

'We are committed to researching exciting new energy sources that can be used on site to ensure people can stay in touch with their nearest and dearest.

'The Orange Power Wellies use clean and renewable energy to create valuable electricity.

More...

'This will ensure festival goers can text and phone their mates for the duration of the weekend.'

GotWind managing director Dave Pain said: 'Wellies are now the staple festival footwear.

article-0-09F5AF95000005DC-48_468x286.jpg They might not look that great - but at least your iPod will never run out while camping

'The Orange Power Wellies not only keep you dry but also provide a crucial eco electricity source.'

The sole stores electricity that has been generated throughout the day via a process known as the Seebeck Effect.

Phones are charged by connecting them to a cable that comes out of the top of the boot.

Festival-goer Rachel Stone, from Southampton, Hants, said she was looking forward to getting her hands on a pair of Power Wellies.

The 24-year-old sales assistant said: 'These new boots are exactly what I need - my mobile phone never lasts three or four days.

'I love to chat and send texts but I always have to turn my mobile phone off when I'm at a festival to save a little bit of battery for emergencies. It's really annoying.

'I've always enjoyed dancing and now I know I'm charging my mobile at the same time I finally have a good reason to keep moving.'

"We are committed to researching exciting new energy sources that can be used on site to ensure people can stay in touch with their nearest and dearest."

Well put another temporary cell tower on site Mr Man from Orange, the network pretty much crashed last year when Jacko faked his own death to live in Alaska