✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

Vegetarian of Non-Vegetarian?

Arwen Evenstar

:laugh3: :laugh3: :laugh3:

Also, I could live on Foie Gras for the rest of my life :wacky:.

I'm not a fan of meat though. I eat it because human body needs it lol!

What does it taste like?

Prepare for a lecture on why we don't need it :p

I imagine we'll be told of the alternatives. But if there are alternatives to give us similar things, then the meat itself will do just fine since I don't care for the ethical side of things more than enough for it to impact my eating habits.

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What does it taste like?

Prepare for a lecture on why we don't need it :p

I imagine we'll be told of the alternatives. But if there are alternatives to give us similar things, then the meat itself will do just fine since I don't care for the ethical side of things more than enough for it to impact my eating habits.

Heaven. lol

Yeah I see that coming too xD!! I'm not a big fan of meat but when it is well cooked it can taste amazing. And I don't care for the ethical side of things either. I mean, human beings are suppose to eat meat, that is the circle of life. :shrug:

Wow not many vegetarians. I never understand meat eaters, how do you decide your ethics? would you eat fois gras? would you eat any animal? dogs? cats? or just cows sheep etc..? Even though meat tastes great I personally cant bring myself to be part of it.

One more point on this.

I have never understood the motives of vegetarians. Of course I can see why they are vegetarians and I respect them for it, but who do they decide should also be vegetarians? It isn't fair to expect people in the third world to become vegetarians. On top of this it is some peoples religion to eat meat. Islam have Eid ul-Adha for example. Do you wish to encroach on their religion?

Or do you believe people simply people in the Western World who do not come under the above should be vegetarians? How do you pick and choose who to force it on? (Incidentally, I am not accusing you or anybody else in this thread of forcing vegetarianism on people, but there clearly are people who do)

Is it simply the way that the animals are killed which you dislike? If so, would your opinions change if it was done humanely, and if you believe there to be a humane way, what would that be?

I have no beef (pardon the pun) with vegetarians who stick to their beliefs but respect but may not understand others who wish to eat meat.

EDIT - the intent of this post is to stimulate debate so people can put forward their views. Take some of what I said with a pinch of salt and don't waste your time attacking it. I am genuinely interested in what people believe.

Personally I am a vegetarian because the idea of eating meat to me is disgusting, it's not a matter of morals or ethics, I just find the idea of eating something that was alive once gross. But I don't care if someone eats meat, we are animals just like other animals, and I don't think being human means we have to forget our natural animal instincts.

Personally I am a vegetarian because the idea of eating meat to me is disgusting, it's not a matter of morals or ethics, I just find the idea of eating something that was alive once gross. But I don't care if someone eats meat, we are animals just like other animals, and I don't think being human means we have to forget our natural animal instincts.

+1

One more point on this.

I have never understood the motives of vegetarians. Of course I can see why they are vegetarians and I respect them for it, but who do they decide should also be vegetarians? It isn't fair to expect people in the third world to become vegetarians. On top of this it is some peoples religion to eat meat. Islam have Eid ul-Adha for example. Do you wish to encroach on their religion?

Or do you believe people simply people in the Western World who do not come under the above should be vegetarians? How do you pick and choose who to force it on? (Incidentally, I am not accusing you or anybody else in this thread of forcing vegetarianism on people, but there clearly are people who do)

Is it simply the way that the animals are killed which you dislike? If so, would your opinions change if it was done humanely, and if you believe there to be a humane way, what would that be?

I have no beef (pardon the pun) with vegetarians who stick to their beliefs but respect but may not understand others who wish to eat meat.

EDIT - the intent of this post is to stimulate debate so people can put forward their views. Take some of what I said with a pinch of salt and don't waste your time attacking it. I am genuinely interested in what people believe.

I think the thing to remember with the third world is that they have no choice. As for religion, I dont think it deserves even an ounce of respect because they are all just crazy cults. I think people should be able to choose their own lifestyle so no i would never force anyone to be vegetarian, that also goes against my ethics.

For me, its not simply the way its killed but yes that does play a part. I couldnt eat my pet dog if had been put to sleep peacefully because the thought is just sickening for me. I get that same feeling with cows, pigs, rabbits etc.. It just seems to me as selfish to eat an animal when there are other options. (im not saying you are selfish, just that thats how i personally feel)

I have not always been a veggie, I always felt bad growing up but I just tried not to think about it, now i guess im more a more ethical person, I buy fair trade, I dont eat tuna etc. The only way i would eat meat is if it was grown genetically with out the animals. So their DNA would be used to manufacture meat using stem cells or something lol. Far fetched but then there would be no suffering - so theres my alternative.

As for us needing meat, Its simply not true. most of our nomad ancestors would live on a diet of mainly berries and fruit. You can get alot of nutrients and essential vitamins from meat though, but all can be found in other foods.

It can be a good thing to forget animal instincts.

^ Carl Sagan said something like that :)

this is my fav quote by George Carlin

Religion has convinced people that there’s an invisible man…living in the sky, who watches everything you do every minute of every day. And the invisible man has a list of ten specific things he doesn’t want you to do. And if you do any of these things, he will send you to a special place, of burning and fire and smoke and torture and anguish for you to live forever, and suffer and burn and scream until the end of time. But he loves you. He loves you and he needs money.

:laugh3: