✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

Vegetarian of Non-Vegetarian?

Arwen Evenstar

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Heres my argument for meat ;

Other animals eat animals it's a natural occurring thing besides if every animal wasn't eaten there would likely be too many and they would have to be culled which isn't a good thing.

I like to think we as thinking humans should rise above our natural intincts. Also there would never be too many animals because we mass produce them for food. The natural balance would resume if we didnt eat meat.

well jackass as you can see there is an option for other, so you could have just clicked on that :dozey:

Sorry, I was feeling rather mean that night. Why couldn't you just make a list?

Vegetarian

Carnivore

Omnivore

Vegan

Pescatarian

etc?

Yes it is providing you make sure you get all of the vitamins and nutrients the body requires. There is nothing you cannot get from other foods that you can get from meat.

And I can also get them from meat, so I eat meat because it's tasty and I love hearing the screams of animals in my head whilst I chow down.

And I can also get them from meat, so I eat meat because it's tasty and I love hearing the screams of animals in my head whilst I chow down.

I seriously laughed out loud. :laugh3:

I think it's alright to eat meat, just not those of the endangered species. There are animals bred for the purpose of meat, so I think it's fine to eat those.

Because if we say that eating meat means killing animals and those explanations, then what about plants? They're living things too.

I think it's alright to eat meat, just not those of the endangered species. There are animals bred for the purpose of meat, so I think it's fine to eat those.

Because if we say that eating meat means killing animals and those explanations, then what about plants? They're living things too.

My personal opinion is that I think it's disgusting to breed a living creature only for later to nomnomnom on.

As previously mentioned, plants don't feel.

My personal opinion is that I think it's disgusting to breed a living creature only for later to nomnomnom on.

As previously mentioned, plants don't feel.

Yeah, it's a little terrible, but I think it's better than eating endangered animals.

Well yeah.

It's such a duty to eat.

I think the thing to remember with the third world is that they have no choice.

you really do forget that 'third world countries' usually have vast natural resources, be it agricultural or aquatic, etc. So definitely (well, in the case of my motherland), meat is not the only option we have.

manufacture[/size] meat using stem cells or something lol. Far fetched but then there would be no suffering - so theres my alternative.

That's just unpalatable, thinking those were not even once an animal in its fullness. Why think of the unthinkable?

As for us needing meat, Its simply not true. most of our nomad ancestors would live on a diet of mainly berries and fruit. You can get alot of nutrients and essential vitamins from meat though, but all can be found in other foods.

I agree on the last statement but eating only fruits and veggies are not a balanced diet (Oh wait, you already pointed out that there is something to get from eating non-meat foods the way we get from eating meat, but I know for sure that there is something we can get from meat that non-meat foods DOESN'T have, and vice-versa).

you really do forget that 'third world countries' usually have vast natural resources, be it agricultural or aquatic, etc. So definitely (well, in the case of my motherland), meat is not the only option we have.

That's just unpalatable, thinking those were not even once an animal in its fullness. Why think of the unthinkable?

I agree on the last statement but eating only fruits and veggies are not a balanced diet (Oh wait, you already pointed out that there is something to get from eating non-meat foods the way we get from eating meat, but I know for sure that there is something we can get from meat that non-meat foods DOESN'T have, and vice-versa).

Ok firsty i was replying to Braddock's statement ("It isn't fair to expect people in the third world to become vegetarians") I guess he's talking about people that DONT have a choice.

Secondly, yes i agree its a bit "unthinkable" but thats the only way i would eat meat and since i was asked, I thought i would answer it. Also " thinking those were not even once an animal in its fullness" well.... thats why I'm a vegetarian.

And finally, I have studied diet and nutrition and I have many health books, some even stating every mineral and vitamin known and where to get it. So all you have to do is find me something you can only get from meat and you win. Btw I am a Pesco-vegetarian which means i eat fish.