✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

LP5 October release?

Jedi Leo

Hey guys, I found this article browsing around. Is LP5 really coming out in October, to coincide with the South African gigs? Have you heard anything similar somewhere else? Is it credible?

Coldplay set for South Africa gigs

Coldplay have agreed to play two stadium gigs in South Africa after 10 years of persistence from Attie Van Wyk. While making the announcement of the shows, Van Wyk said, "After 10 years of knocking on the door we are incredibly excited that they have finally confirmed two stadium shows."

Coldplay, who are made up of Chris Martin, Will Champion, Guy Berryman and Jonny Buckland, held off for as long as they could before finally giving in. Van Wyk says that this just shows the calibre of the band, "It can only take artists of that calibre to negotiate for that long ... South Africa is very far from any of their other territories,” he said.

The first concert is set to take place on October 5th and will be held at Cape Town Stadium. The second show will come from FNB Stadium, in Johannesburg on October 8th. The event will coincide with Coldplay’s fifth album release and Van Wyk revealed that, although nothing has been made official, the show is likely to be named after the album.

http://www.fansshare.com/news/coldplay-set-for-south-africa-gigs/

It would be cool to come out in October as that's my birthday month, but I don't want to wait that long! I am jealous of everyone who is going to a show before the release of the album...I want to have the cd and be able to play it every day.

Oh please someone tell me that the source is not credible and it's just a rumor. I want to hear all sensible arguments that would point to an early summer release date instead :( they can't just play so many new songs and let us linger for months!

When violet hill came out, the album followed about a month after so why the long wait this time?