✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

Symphonic Coldplay!

Mark

I don't know what you guys are all into, other than Coldplay obviously, but I recently went to see Basement Jaxx with an orchestra.

Got me and my sister thinking which other bands we'd like to see in a symphonic style. The obvious one for us was Muse, as we're big fans, and they're known for their classical influence.

But I suggested Coldplay, and we were thinking of a decent setlist for orchestral arrangement. Viva La Vida, Strawberry Swing and Yes would be perfect for strings and added brass, Talk would be interesting, White Shadows maybe, 42, Yellow, Trouble, Everything's Not Lost in a jazz style, God Put A Smile (but more like the Mark Ronson version?), A Rush of Blood to the Head...

The list goes on. What do you reckon would work? And would it EVER happen?

Muse is brilliant. The Exogenesis Symphony is absolutely stellar.

You already pointed out Yes, which would definitely be a great one. Moving To Mars is already half way there, probably would sound pretty. I think some really high strings playing Fix You would sound nice. Clocks, haha, that would be some killer violin.

Will it happen though? I doubt it. Maybe Viva La Vida mixed in with some other songs, but not a strictly Coldplay symphony.