✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

Why I am not giving up on Coldplay, yet.

Saket

But I think it's the lack-luster chorus and synth overload that killed it. The song was great until the chorus.

Bingo. Like the strings, love the guitar part toward the end and the lyrics are mostly solid ('The wheel that breaks the butterfly' is just a dumb line though). Overall, it's OK, just not what people expect from what is usually the slot that holds their primary single.

MX gave me Charlie Brown, i'm all good with the MX era.

Can we just define what a fan is for your sake? A fan is someone who enjoys/enjoyed the music. We are not people that follow like blind sheep and like every single decision and direction that the band takes. We are allowed to criticise the music or the direction if we so like.

Most of us don't 'hate the new Coldplay' as you said, most of us dislike what we're hearing and are concerned. There is a massive difference. Only a few people have gone as far to hate/disown them at the moment. So please don't generalise and put us on your spectrum which only has 'love' and 'hate'.

Because we are less likely to just accept anything Coldplay put out does not make us any less of true fans. It makes us independent human beings. If you want to be hive minded and just blindly accept that-- then that's fine. But it does not make you any of a better fan than any of us.

Yes, it is necessary for a band to change with the times. None of us are saying it wasn't. But what we are saying is to us, this isn't evolution of Coldplay's sound. We know what beautiful music they can write and how their lyrics can touch us and they settle for overproduced pop and 'para-para-paradise' and 'wa-wa-wa-waterfall'. Moving to Mars showed glimmers that Coldplay are still able to write these kinds of tracks and they are choosing not to and to demote things like this to B-sides?

Whatever happened to Don Quixote? Wedding Bells? Famous Old Painters? Christmas Lights? Those showed the right sort of evolution.

We are true fans. You are true fans. That's that.

Natt, I love you. :hug: :heart:

I don't think "Paradise" is a horrible song (in my opinion). Well, when "Brick By Brick" by Arctic Monkeys came, it wasn't that impressive but it fits in "Suck it and See" quite nicely. So, let's hope same goes for Mylo Xyloto as well.

I don't think that's a very good analogy, but that's just because personally, I was underwhelmed by "Suck It and See" in general.

I don't think that's a very good analogy, but that's just because personally, I was underwhelmed by "Suck It and See" in general.

I liked "Suck It And See", not their best (that was "Humbug" in my opinion) but a good album none the less.

That was a very well-written article--I wholeheartedly agree with everything that was said. I think it's true that some of us set our expectations a little too high for Paradise--I mean, the second singles are always Coldplay's best, are they not? (see "Yellow", "The Scientist" "Fix You", "Viva la Vida" [no, not the best single necessarily, but look at its chart positions]).

Thanks!

I don't want to be rude, but the comparison with the u2 albums in the article are ridiculous.

In my opinion, U2's "Achtung Baby" was very versatile and showcased band's ability to try different things and succeed. "Mylo Xyloto" can be headed that way, too.. With several mixed influences and styles, it can be exceptionally well.

On the contrary, With "Pop", U2 were unable to judiciously use technology to their songs and if the same happens with Coldplay with over production and infusion of techno bits at every stage, they might hit a new low (which I don't think they will, Just saying).