✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

I wonder if writing will ever die out.

Prince Myshkin

Well no because it's way too important in other cultures that arent i-Pad crazy.

But I can see what you mean in the long, long future, but there will always be poor people.

Unless you're thinking of like the Fifth Element future.

I don't think so. Or at least I don't hope so. I understand things better when I write them out in my own handwriting, so I take notes by hand. I also hand or send my friends letters a lot if I have something personal to tell them and couldn't say it by mouth. I'm a pretty shitty talker. :disappointed:

It probably won't die out, but it won't be what it once was.

I know this probably isn't quite what you are referring to, but is a similar sign of the times. Handwriting (cursive) curriculum has already been eliminated from many schools here. Not sure how they expect these kids to know how to have a proper signature on documents when they grow up (many documents make you print and sign your name). http://www.columbiamissourian.com/stories/2012/03/09/cursive-takes-back-seat-digital-age/

It probably won't die out, but it won't be what it once was.

I know this probably isn't quite what you are referring to, but is a similar sign of the times. Handwriting (cursive) curriculum has already been eliminated from many schools here. Not sure how they expect these kids to know how to have a proper signature on documents when they grow up (many documents make you print and sign your name). http://www.columbiamissourian.com/stories/2012/03/09/cursive-takes-back-seat-digital-age/

d00d you just cited an article written by someone at my school

EDIT: Oh wait never mind. The Columbia Missourian is the newspaper the J-school here correlates but it looks like this article was contracted thru the STL PD

I don't think it will, there will always be signatures needed and it's just so much easier.

I try to do all my work by hand, but my English teacher seems to want everyone to type up their work. I can't go on a computer without getting distracted and spending like half an hour change the font.

Considering the vast majority of the world still to this day physically writes everything - no. We've still got decades before everyone in the world even has something electronic to write on. I think a lot of you guys are assuming everyone lives the same way you do. Most people don't.