✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

The photography thread. (tips/advice/posting pictures)

freckles

Hi, as I've been into photography a lot recently, I was thinking about starting a new thread about photography, cameras and also post-processing of photographs. I thought that there might be also some keen photographers around here, who would appreciate a thread like this.

To start - which camera (and lens) do you use for taking pictures? :) Now I've got a Nikon D3100, with lens 18-105mm and Nikkor 35mm.

This is one of my favourite pictures I took two weeks ago I think:

tumblr_m5cfdmu1861rvaacio1_500.jpg

Feel free to ask/chat/anything! I want this place to be lively! :D:laugh3:

Yeah, maybe, but the main reason why I decided to buy a 35mm was that I want to take not only portraits ('cause the 50mm is good for portraits) but also pictures of the countryside/snapshots/other things - 35mm is in my opinion more universal. Anyway, I'm pretty satisfied with the quality (but you must take into account that I'm no professional photographer ;))

What equipment do you use? :D

I got the set Nikon D3100 + 18-55, and then I saw that somebody was selling the 18-105 and I bought it, because it's more universal than the 18-55 :) And usually I don't like carrying more lenses (I usually have the two with me - the 18-105 and the 35mm - but the 35mm is really "small").

The 28mm looks interesting, but the price! :/ I think that I just stopped buying lenses with the purchase of 35mm, because I'm still just a student and the equipment is so damn expensive!

Anyway, I still have an SLR Praktica BCA with lenses 35mm and 50mm and taking pictures with this old camera is so magical! And the moment when you go to the photo studio to get your pictures and you're just surprised, what pictures you've taken! :D (Maybe someone isn't that surprised, but it takes me about 3 months at least to finish the film in the Praktica!)

Here's another picture (taken with the Nikon)

tumblr_m3pwj7lz331rvaacio1_500.jpg

Have you got some photos to show? :))

Awesome! Love the eyes.

I don't know, I just upload the pictures here via "Insert image" and I just insert the link of the picture that I've already uploaded to tumblr. I wanted to do this from flickr as well, but it didn't work, dunno why.

Don't know how to do it in another way

Here's one of my photos I took in the Netherlands earlier this year.

28gtfnd.jpg

Cool! :D

Anyway - about the choosing of the camera - what I'm about to write now is just my opinion, someone might not agree, but here it comes: I think that all cameras nowadays Canon/Nikon of the same price "level" are the same or similar quality. It depends on how much you want to spend on the camera ;) And also, the thing which is the most important as far as the DSLR cameras are concerned - the lenses. You might have only one lens at the beginning, but then, you'll see that you want more and more :smug::laugh3: And the prices of objective lenses are usually the same price (or higher) that of the cameras.

Have you already been looking for a camera that you like? :)

Oh yes - and it's always better to have the same brand (Canon/Nikon/whatever) like your friends, so that you can borrow equipment :smug: But of course, this isn't necessary.

• 2 weeks later...
Cool! :D

Anyway - about the choosing of the camera - what I'm about to write now is just my opinion, someone might not agree, but here it comes: I think that all cameras nowadays Canon/Nikon of the same price "level" are the same or similar quality. It depends on how much you want to spend on the camera ;) And also, the thing which is the most important as far as the DSLR cameras are concerned - the lenses. You might have only one lens at the beginning, but then, you'll see that you want more and more :smug::laugh3: And the prices of objective lenses are usually the same price (or higher) that of the cameras.

Have you already been looking for a camera that you like? :)

Oh yes - and it's always better to have the same brand (Canon/Nikon/whatever) like your friends, so that you can borrow equipment :smug: But of course, this isn't necessary.

I forgot about this thread. :o

And thanks for that advice! :nice: