✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

Coldplace... Worth a try? *REVIEW!!*

42JTR

Well I've heard of these guys for some time now.http://www.coldplace.co.uk/ And I only just found out that they're playing a gig in my town next week. I'm thinking wether I should go or not. So my question is has any of you guys ever seen them perform live? Are they worth a try? (Tickets are 13 € btw)

Review at the bottom of the page!:)

Guest LiquidSky

Erm, I've heard of them too. I've never seen them live personally but there were some videos of them on youtube. You might want to check them out and decide for yourself on whether you want to spend money to see them play or not :idea2:

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3CNGsA4jUIg]Coldplace (Coldplay Tribute) - Clocks Live in Uden, Netherlands - YouTube[/ame]

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z-Ee2SWoWpA]UK's COLDPLAY Tribute band Coldplace playing FIX YOU & Maltese Top DJ Joseph Armani - YouTube[/ame]

i saw them 3 times, they're pretty good as a tribute band and so nice people, I met all of them :awesome: :awesome: :awesome:

this gig is from march 2011,so they were still wearing VLV clothes

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mtAXnOD_J6Q]Fix You.mp4 - YouTube[/ame]

So according to the first video of clocks I have to say this guy, uhm let's name him fake Chris, he sings flat, he strikes the false notes... Aaaand they seem to spend a lot of money in their show, with the lasers and the mx symbols, so why don't they put their money in more important things?

I mean the piano at fix you, the organ sounds not close to the original at all....

Don't understand me wrong, I thinks it's ok when you do your things individual, but if you do this hole look a like thing then the music should be the same...

Well I've decided to give them a try and I'm seeing them tomorrow:) So I'll probably post some pictures here and a review of the night(according to the site they play the full Coldplay setlist of 90 minutes:))

I just returned from the mini-concert and I have to admit, I had an amazing time. In my opinion they did a great job in reproducing Coldplay's live set and sound. So I've decided to write a review with pics and videos for anyone who is interested!:)

*Review*

So last week I heard that ''The ultimate Coldplay tribute band'' was going to play a gig in my town and I decided to give it a try. I was up for some live music and especially some live Coldplay music. I watched some videos on youtube from Coldplace and I thought it couldn't be that bad(the lead singer ''Chris'' doesn't have the best voice though)

So tonight was the night. Doors openend at 8 and we had a spot entirely at the front(the other people did not make any effort to get in front , there were about 150-200 people). I managed to take a look at their instruments and I have to say they've done a great job in painting everything and making the stage look like a true Coldplay stage:

886165_328113597311066_1986368052_o.jpg

2013-03-16%2020.08.57.jpg

2013-03-16%2022.28.28.jpg

2013-03-16%2020.10.10.jpg

So in Coldplay style the concert started 10 minutes late around 21:10 and they played 99 problems before coming on stage and the back to the future theme came on. Followed by MX/Hurts Like Heaven. The crowd wasn't that enthusiastic just yet(as many probably didn't know the song). The drumming wasn't really that good to be honest (As a drummer I notice those things) But the guitar parts, Jonny's solo's were really excellent and very precise. They did a very good job on that.

So when HLH ended In My Place kicked in with the occasional ''Yeah'' singalong by the crowd. Major Minus soon followed in Coldplay style. Pounding drums, bass and guitar. It really rocked it all out of the place! Then LIJ kicked in and followed by a beautiful version of The Scientist. Lots of people sang along and he also let us sing along in the end.. Ooooh-ooooh and Nobody said it was easy... A true Coldplay experience you could say. At that moment I really felt like I was just watching Coldplay. Despite the limited singing abilities of the lead singer (You don't really notice it live).

After The Scientist, Yellow was the following song. It started small, acoustic on piano(just like a real concert) but as soon as the Guitar kicked in it once again succeeded to rock the hell out of the place. Balloons were also released into the crowd and there were once again singalongs... ''You know I love you so''

Next one up was Violet Hill, which personally is my favourite song, but didn't really deliver live. The singer played it on piano(unlike Chris, he plays it on guitar) It simply lacked the live experience and the pouding, rocky sounds.

GPUSAYF however did deliver a really rocking Coldplay sound. They arranged it the same way as Coldplay does live and sounded really awesome. The guitar parts were very accurate, although I had some doubts on the Bass(I think it was a bit out of tune).

Next song was surprisingly Princess Of China, they also did it Coldplay style. The drummer moved to the front stage with his drum pad and the guitarist played the guitar line. There was also a backing track(which was also on most songs, HLH, IMP) As well as Rihanna kicking in (although in a slightly higher tune) They did a great job in asking the crowd to singalong to the ooohoo's.

And then, yes, they played POLITIK, absolutely amazing. Everything was right, the piano, the guitar, the drums, the bass. It was almost as if I really was at a Coldplay concert.

Then Viva followed. The whole crowd sang along and it sounded great. Charlie Brown kicked in. goosebumps and Para-paradise was played. Although the chorus (para-para) wasn't very good to be honest. They then thanked us for coming, ''Dankjewel'' and left the stage. The crowd inmediatelly started shouting ''We want more'' And yes they came back with. Us Against The World, firstly the singer alone. Then the guitarist came(he did all the backing vocals throughout the show btw) and The drummer sat at the piano.

Clocks followed. It felt awesome, fast, rocking, Fix You was beautiful, and ETIAW really made the Crowd sing and jump along. He even ''Raised'' the Dutch flag. And so the concert was over.

As you might notice I am very enthusiastic because I think they did a really great job and I had the feeling of being at a Coldplay concert once more. I can totally recommend this band! I also got a chance to talk and meet ''Chris'' and I took this picture with him! If I can't meet the real one, I'd be happy to meet the fake one;)

63949_328113547311071_1523864185_n.jpg

I will also post some videos tomorrow!:)

[ame=

]
[/ame]

[ame=

]
[/ame]

[ame=

]
[/ame]

Shane.. "Chris" has posted here a handful of times, telling of his experience in getting to meet Chris!!! I think for a tribute band they are pretty good, Shane has alot of CM's moves and facial expressions down, of course not going to compare to Coldplay, but they would be a great night out with friends and some drinks:)

Shane has alot of CM's moves and facial expressions down, of course not going to compare to Coldplay

I think it's fascinating that someone is able to copy someone elses behaviour rather well, but

but

guh *shudders*

it feels weird watching the videos :sick:

• 3 weeks later...