✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

Coldplay will be releasing album in 2015?

grids

Is this true?

Coldplay are to release another album of new material in 2015.

The 'Paradise' hitmakers, whose new record 'Ghost Stories' will be released next month and is a departure from their usual sound, are reportedly planning a more commercial follow-up album in 2015.

A source told the Daily Star newspaper: "'Ghost Stories' is sort of a low-key release for Coldplay, if that's possible.

"It's their chance to try out some different ideas on a smaller scale before coming back next year with a more traditional record."

The band - featuring Chris Martin, Jonny Buckland, Guy Berryman and Will Champion - have been experimenting with their sound in a similar way to Radiohead and U2 did in the middle of their careers by recording more atmospheric tracks.

The source continued: "U2 did it with 'Achtung Baby' and 'Zooropa'. And it's no secret Coldplay have always admired Radiohead.

"They did a similar thing with their experimental 'Kid A' album in 2000, returning a year later with sister release 'Amnesiac'. It's that kind of idea."

Chris, 37, has been focusing on the band's upcoming release after splitting from his wife of 11 years, Gwyneth Paltrow, 41.

The frontman - who is renowned for writing confessional lyrics - has also written about the "pain" of infidelity on the band's new track 'Another's Arms', which is speculated to be the reason for their split.

Despite the new release of the new album, the band "probably" won't be performing many gigs this year and will focus on smaller dates.

The source added: "Next year is when fans can look forward to some much bigger Coldplay tour dates."

Coldplay will release 'Ghost Stories' on May 19.

http://www.femalefirst.co.uk/music/musicnews/coldplay-release-another-album-next-year-449927.html

http://www.coldplaying.com/forum/threads/99366-Coldplay-to-follow-Ghost-Stories-in-2015-with-another-album

http://www.coldplaying.com/forum/threads/99506-2015-LP7

Not sure if any original reporting was done or the newspapers are just reporting off each others' reports.

Oh my.. I tried to look for this thread but I even couldnt find it! And you are so fast at this, thank you!

Guest howyousawtheworld

I will say this now (in a desperate attempt to take my mind away from the football result tonight) but the Daily Star should be treated with SEVERE caution. They are a dreadful dreadful rag that post articles of utter filth and untruths. I wouldn't wipe my arse with that sorry piss stained rag so PLEASE do NOT believe this story. If it is true then it is complete guesswork on their simple minds.

Good to know. I was about to say the same, but I never actually read their paper nor even have access to it where I am. but I've also heard similar resentments towards that paper from users here.

May I also add the Daily Mail and The Sun? Pure tabloid bullshit goes without saying.

I don't know how this works out but how is it that the local newspaper of every city called 'the sun' is shite

So this could be just some rumors then..? But I would say it is a bit weird if they release an album a year after this one. I mean they always have 2-3 years to finish the album. I dont know, the band has their own strategy :D

I don't know how this works out but how is it that the local newspaper of every city called 'the sun' is shite

It's not the local paper. But it's pure lies and tabloids. Search into google: The Sun Hillsborough Scandal. It will tell you more than I ever will :L

Sent from my GT-S5360 using Tapatalk 2

Guest howyousawtheworld
It's not the local paper. But it's pure lies and tabloids. Search into google: The Sun Hillsborough Scandal. It will tell you more than I ever will :L

Sent from my GT-S5360 using Tapatalk 2

Absolutely. It's the most horrific lie told by a British tabloid and is a fine example for the need to tell people to stay away from The Sun and the British tabloids in general. Stay away from the British tabloids - ALWAYS! If you want information on whether Coldplay will or will not release their 7th album, then the only way of getting that info is from the band itself.

Absolutely. It's the most horrific lie told by a British tabloid and is a fine example for the need to tell people to stay away from The Sun and the British tabloids in general. Stay away from the British tabloids - ALWAYS! If you want information on whether Coldplay will or will not release their 7th album, then the only way of getting that info is from the band itself.

Yeah I do agree. Coldplay official website always tells their stuff anyway. Some online articles can be ridiculous sometimes, they post rumors without knowing about the truth and I always get into the reading even though they tell us lies.