✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

Failing servers

Tash

What's up with the servers? There are less than 2000 people online and yet the forum keeps crashing over and over again. The only thing that happened when there were 6000 users online was that the forum was a bit slower.

There is a big spike in traffic at the moment on the main site and in addition to the massive thread. The numbers can be subjective, there is more activity going on than when we have thousands of more visitors before. Its being laggy because of the huge spikes which will always have some effect but i'm keeping my eye on it, the servers are all good :)

If the site is struggling to load for anyone who is reading this, give it a little bit of time and come back to it, the spike is even bigger if hundreds of people are constantly refreshing.

Failing servers part 2

Since when are threads locked after one reply? It would be nice to give people some time to post a reply.

There is a big spike in traffic at the moment on the main site and in addition to the massive thread. The numbers can be subjective, there is more activity going on than when we have thousands of more visitors before. Its being laggy because of the huge spikes which will always have some effect but i'm keeping my eye on it, the servers are all good

I'm sorry but I somehow doubt there's more activity going on at the moment than there was on 10 September 2012, there were huge spikes as well then. Yes, it's a bit busy but most people are just lurking instead of posting. And how is one massive thread mainly responsible for a crashing forum?

*please merge with the thread I made previously* *done*

This isn't up for discussion as there nothing can be changed, if there is a huge amount of traffic and acitvity (the forum doesn't show the main site visitors and once again, its subjective), it doesn't help if people are constantly refreshing but as explained before, the servers are fine, they haven't gone down, they are very slow during this spike and are set up with further expansion in mind already so there is no need to upgrade or change anything.

If you do have any further questions, please PM me, thanks :)