✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

Ghost Stories Hal Leonard Guitar Recorded Version Tab Book

LoserJBo

Hey Guys. I currently own all of the Coldplay Guitar Recorded books for all of the albums and I was wondering if anybody knew exactly how long after an album is released that the Hal Leonard music books are released?

P.S. Also does Coldplay help with the tabs or are there just guitar experts who decipher the music accurately and tab it out themselves?

A little off topic but, how well are these books transcribed for the guitar? Do they sound decent when played? I've always wondered if I should get the Guitar Tabs book by itself or just buy the whole PVG version. (The PVG has chords and melodies, of course)

A little off topic but, how well are these books transcribed for the guitar? Do they sound decent when played? I've always wondered if I should get the Guitar Tabs book by itself or just buy the whole PVG version. (The PVG has chords and melodies, of course)

The Guitar Recorded Version of the tab books are 99.9% accurate in my opinion. And that is judging from playing them and watching the artist play the songs. In the Coldplay books, bar chords even tell you to use the thumb for the top E string just like Chris Martin does unlike other musicians who will just bar their index finger across all the strings. And it is not just chords. It is notes, strum patterns, and they sometimes even tell you how to play the chord. They also sometimes transcribe piano and other instruments for guitar.

The PVG books I believe are just the songs arranged in a standard chord for guitar and is not detailed or accurate to the melodies.

Because the Tab books are so accurate is why I want to know if the artist actually help out in tabbing the book or is it just extremely talented experts who know every single chord and note played exactly the way the artist plays it.

iTunes has a few of the books in iBooks. Both the PVG and Guitar Recorded Version. You can download a sample of the books that has the first few pages of the first song. You can then see how the songs are transcribed.

• 7 months later...

Do you have the Guitar Recorded Version for Ghost Stories? Because the TAB Songbook is not accurate at all.

Ink is a mess and I believe they tabbed the guitar plus some other instrument for the main riff.

You can find the TAB version at scribd if you want to compare it the Guitar recorded versions.

For example:

Chris plays "Ink" with a capo at the 4th fret and uses an alternate tuning (classic).

The TAB songbook says the song is tuned down a semitone and has no capo (not even close to accurate).