✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

This album spent the previous 42 minutes telling me what a jerk I am...

...and for that reason I absolutely adore this album.

I warn in advance, this thread may read as a bit corny, cheesy or soppy the title of the thread is absolutely true. Recently I met a girl who REALLY likes me. I'm pretty sure she loves me and at the time I was not quite sure why. She's gorgeous, intelligent, charismatic and strong willed. I've been in awe of her for a little while and she actually asked me out. Two weeks ago we had an argument over something really stupid, a matter which is entirely my fault and could have been diffused by me just shutting my mouth.

The friendship/relationship since then cooled a little since but we're still talking. How does Coldplay come into this?

Well, I got the album last night, played it from start to finish for the first time and it flawed me. It really woke me up. I warned you, this is going to be corny. This girl means a lot to me and i've never been man enough to admit it. So what does Ghost Stories do? Pulls me in with Always In My Head.

I think of you

I haven't slept

I think I do, but

I don't forget

My body moves

Goes where I will

But though I try my heart stays still

Oh my god. That's EXACTLY what i've been feeling since we had our argument. I think about this girl all the time. All of this could have been avoided if I had put my pride aside but because I had to show her that I was assertive I was i've lost sleep over it and have been lacking energy lately. This appropriately bleeds into Magic:

And with all your magic

I disappear from view

And I can't get over

Can't get over you

Still I call it magic

You're such a precious jewel

Are you kidding?!

And the album goes on. Musically and lyrically, this album represents who I am at the moment. I don't think an album has hit me quite like this.

This introspection inspired me to message her today (as I said, we are still talking) to see how she is. I then started to tell her how wrong and stupid I was. As it turns out, she still cares for me and wants to pick up where we left off. It's clear that I let her down and we spent A LOT of time talking today. It wasn't all smiles and hugs. She's too smart for that and I completely neglected that about her. But after a heart to heart, it's clear we still have feelings for each other.

This album was just such a much needed wake up call which came at precisely the right moment. It made me realise that there is someone in my life that is actually more important than me, a person I love. I'm sorry for this very self-absorbed thread but the album has just moved me that much. Ghost Stories for me has been like "therapy". It's like Coldplay have held a mirror up to me. What a shocking sight it was.

Congratulations! *Clapping Hands*, isn't life a kind of miracle? It seems coldplay has "helped" you at a good timing~ Thanks for sharing the story here~ Best wishes for you two:) If you've been in Co. community [in a bigger sense] for long enough, moving stories ~ they are quite many actually, which is why we love Coldplay always:)

Thank you for sharing this with us! :nice:

I have, too, my personal interpretation of those songs... Because what's wonderful of this album is -as you above^ have already said- all this honesty, and the fact that every song is so relatable and can help you solve your own problems. Though this is a quality of all Coldplay songs, I believe :heart: