✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

New Piano on current Tour

tallerolder

Hey guys

i don't know if anyone has already noticed this, but i'm pretty sure they're using a real piano - and by real i mean that the piano sounds are not samples but coming from the piano accoustically itself - on this tour.

2 things that lead me to this assumption:

1. a while ago, they posted a video or a picture (can't remember which it was and neither on what platform(s)) where you could see somebody tune the piano on stage. they wouldn't have needed to do that if they still used the sampled Kawaii-Sounds, right?

2. i was at the Zürich show on saturday, and what really surprised me a bit was how difficult it was from time to time to hear the piano in the mix. which was a noteable change from previous shows where the piano sounded always very balanced out and much stronger. the fact that it wasn't as "present" now could be further evidence that they use the real acoustic sound of it, cause mic-ing and mixing a real acoustic piano is much more difficult than using samples of course.

what do you think?

Hey guys

i don't know if anyone has already noticed this, but i'm pretty sure they're using a real piano - and by real i mean that the piano sounds are not samples but coming from the piano accoustically itself - on this tour.

2 things that lead me to this assumption:

1. a while ago, they posted a video or a picture (can't remember which it was and neither on what platform(s)) where you could see somebody tune the piano on stage. they wouldn't have needed to do that if they still used the sampled Kawaii-Sounds, right?

2. i was at the Zürich show on saturday, and what really surprised me a bit was how difficult it was from time to time to hear the piano in the mix. which was a noteable change from previous shows where the piano sounded always very balanced out and much stronger. the fact that it wasn't as "present" now could be further evidence that they use the real acoustic sound of it, cause mic-ing and mixing a real acoustic piano is much more difficult than using samples of course.

what do you think?

It's definitely an acoustic Kawai 48" Upright w/ MIDI capability. They moved away from the Yamaha GT20 digital hybrid after the MX era. If you see pictures of the back of the Kawai they are using, you'll see the wooden soundboard which also is a give-away that it's an acoustic. The sound itself is also a lot warmer than the insanely bright digital samples from the MP9000 from AROBTTH-MX, which is probably part of the reason it's harder to hear during live shows as it's not so "clangy." That being said, I like the switch to acoustic -- it sounds a lot more natural and not terribly over-powering.

• Like 1