✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

Wish I Was Here - Coldplay and Cat Power Cover

Jack1505

Hello everyone,

Its been a while since I visited these forums, I had totally forgotten how cool it was around here.

Isn't it funny how Coldplays one-off releases, 'Wish I Was Here' 'Atlas' 'Moving to Mars' 'Christmas Lights', all borrow that intimate, emotionally driven Chris Martin at the piano we all crave so much. I love how in between their LPs we are gifted songs such as these which really tug at the heart in a quieter way than the main album releases.

Anyhow here is my cover of Wish I Was Here. I do hope you enjoy, feel free to comment on youtube, I'd love to hear from you.

Many thanks,

Jack/Tomahawk1505

• Like 2

That's so beautiful! Well done. [emoji122]

That's one of my favorite Coldplay songs, and I wish more people knew about it and appreciated it more. I love how Cat Power (and you!) performed it, but I hope Coldplay eventually record it themselves like they did with Gravity.

Thank you for sharing this, and welcome back to the forum!

• Like 1

I didn't know the details on this before, but your question made me check.

[emoji6]

I found this website http://wikicoldplay.com/index.php/Gravity that talks about the chain of events.

Apparently CP performed it live a few times at the end of the AROBTTH tour in 2003, but they hadn't recorded it yet. Then they gave it to Embrace who recorded it in 2004 rather than using it on their next album. Coldplay then recorded it in 2005 as the b-side on the Talk single.

• Like 1