✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

I need help adding to my collection

RavenclawWiz816

Hey guys!

Today I finally completed my collection of Coldplay albums (+Prospekts March)! Here it is:

VSx687S.jpg?1

But, I don't want to stop collecting. In fact, I want to start buying stuff like singles, and eps. I've seen a lot of singles on vinyl, but I don't have a record player, so they'd be useless. Also, since I'm a teenager, I can't really afford the $100+ ones. Any help on were to find some?

• Like 1

Hi @RavenclawWiz816

Collecting strategies have been discussed alot of times in threads like this one:

http://coldplaying.com/forum/index.php?threads/post-your-fanarticle-cd-collection-you-get-of-coldplay.25126/page-60#post-5832473 (in that link you can also see my collection, accumulated in 1 year and 2 months)

I personally have been collecting under a tight budget, and here is how I do it:

I built up my collection using chance findings in local used record stores and looking for stuff on ebay, but beware lots of stuff on ebay is overpriced. I have an internal limit of not more than a few euros/dollars per CD (depending on the value of the release), so I just wait for good deals. Every now and then somebody puts it in for a reasonable price, and I wait for these moments. Of course if you only want to collect new unused releases it will cost a lot more, but I personally don't care if a disc is used as long as it is not in too bad a shape.

Another thing is buying sets instead of individual discs. Often one set with a rarity is the cheaper way to go than the rarity alone cause you can sell the rest that you don't need (at one point I had 4 copies of Live 2003, for example, all from various collections I bought online. Selling them brought back some of the money and helped keeping my expenses low. Still have numerous copies of AROBTTH, Parachutes and X&Y lying around which I need to sell off. Side note, sometimes these sides can reveal unexpected gems - one shabby AROBTTH copy that I got along with a set of other discs which I bought because it had a single i was looking for turned out to have an additional promo booklet with all the AROBTTH lyrics in it :)). As an example, a used Blue Room EP usually sells around 20-30 dollars alone, but as part of sets it sometimes goes "unnoticed" and like that I once got it for 0.50 !

I don't have any super rare promos etc. because those would be too expensive but if you are patient and keep looking, you will be able to get most singles etc. for a few bucks each.

• Like 1

You should start by buying the Brothers and Sisters EP. It only goes for about $4.00, especially in stores like Barnes & Noble. But you will have trouble going for The Blue Room EP because CD copies of that album are rare. Same goes for the single CD's.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yeah, I knew that going for Safey and Blue Room would be impossible. Who knows, maybe someone will sell it at a garage sale somewhere around me and severely underprice it not knowing it's value. That's probably a pipe dream though...

On Ebay you still can find Blue Room EP'S.

Not for 5$ but if you look out you might find a reasonable prized one.

I don't know where you live but high shipping costs are usually what is withholding me.

Hey guys, I have a question.

Is it possible to buy single CDs with all the B-Sides the digital version has on it? For example I was looking for a The Scientist CD but one of those I found only had The Scientist on it and another one only one B-Side, 1.36 but not I Ran Away. How can I tell which songs are on the single CD when there is no tracklist given anywhere.

I just supposed the single CDs would have all B-Sides that belong to it on it but obviously they don't??

Sorry, I'm really confused:/

Hey guys, I have a question.

Is it possible to buy single CDs with all the B-Sides the digital version has on it? For example I was looking for a The Scientist CD but one of those I found only had The Scientist on it and another one only one B-Side, 1.36 but not I Ran Away. How can I tell which songs are on the single CD when there is no tracklist given anywhere.

I just supposed the single CDs would have all B-Sides that belong to it on it but obviously they don't??

Sorry, I'm really confused:/

that's why a list with EAN codes would be handy.

I use this wiki site to look up the singles and their different versions. It is in Dutch but you'll probably manage to understand what is indicated.

Link which is going to The Scientist :

https://nl.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Scientist

• Like 1

that's why a list with EAN codes would be handy.

I use this wiki site to look up the singles and their different versions. It is in Dutch but you'll probably manage to understand what is indicated.

Link which is going to The Scientist :

https://nl.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Scientist

Oh okay, thank you. It's strange that on the English Wikipedia there is no information on the different CD versions:/

Do any of you have experiences with Discogs? I saw that they sell quite a few coldplay CDs with good prices compared to Amazon, Ebay, etc.

I'm looking to get a few rare items for my collection as well.

I bought stuff on Discogs twice (a Glastonbury 2005 bootleg DVD and the Dutch Special Edition of X&Y). Both were quite ok. Like ebay, look at the seller's rating before you buy anything.

• Like 2