✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

How do I make In My Place exactly 72 BPM?

cp3176

Don't know where else to put it so just putting in here for now, feel free to move if this deserves a better place :D

Hi. Need some help. There is project I am working on and the program used to do it does not support non integer BPM. (For anyone interested what it is, with Garageband you have to recreate a drum track for 45 second straight, for this I chose In My Place) in my place hasa a weird BPM and my drum track does not exactly align with it, it's fine at the start but then it starts lagging, I have my drums set to exactly 72 BPM but the song goes either a little faster or slower so I need help on making a version that's exactly 72bpm so it will work. Doesn't need to be Garageband, audacity would be best so I can just do it here, slap it on Google drive and download it when I get to class tomorrow. This is urgent!!! My project is due soon so I need an answer really quickly. Thanks for anyone pointing me in the right direction....

**UPDATE** no more help needed, I found an alternate solution. All is good now! :)

make every note twice it's value

Exactly the wording I was looking for, thanks.

Basically make every quarter note a half note, every eighth note a quarter note, every sixteenth note an eighth note, etc. If you can accomplish this and set the bpm to 145, then that should do the trick.