✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

Signed Chris Martin guitar.... perhaps? Any eagle eyes out there recognize this.

Pepto

Howdy looking for some help on this guitar i picked up.

Bought a black epiphone junior as a treat to myself fancied something a bit different .

I bought it on the pretense of playing some rock n roll and laughed when they shop owner said it was signed by Chris Martin, I joked cant wait to take it home and scrub it off :D.

You can probably tell i am not the biggest Coldplay fan just from that right :D regardless Coldplays 1st Album aye pretty good i liked it.

Right now to the real meat and bones and hopefully i have your attention :D

So i take the guitar home and i spot a little sticker PSA/DNA cool had no idea what it was and turns out its an authenticating establishment in the good ol U S of A and turns out it was signed in september 2009 by Chris Martin.

Right so i quickly put the cloth and spray away (honestly i was milliseconds from scrubbing it off):D and gave PSA/DNA a phone call.

They confirmed it was signed in the states and overlooked by a psa/dna representative. Also i may add after doing some research it is infact the guitar that's signed and not a pickguard like many other "signed guitars".

I then spent hours and days trying to find where it was signed when it was signed every charity signing every meet and great you name it i looked even spent time lurking here for images of this guitar and nothing.

So after posting on a guitar forum to ask the type as a few things looked iffy for example the rod guard had been changed ;/ but it's a genuine epiphone junior with verified serial number Korean model 2004 (made in China)- Sent to the USA then bought by myself in Sunny Scotland UK :P.

i know i may have offended you but please if you recognize or you owned the guitar get in contact. If you have some doubts about its authenticity that's cool too any input would be greatly appreciated let me know if the signature looks off or perhaps someone knows who might have won this or convinced Martin at gunpoint to sign it.

Here is the PSA/DNA serial https://www.psacard.com/cert/g91616/

And my thread in the les paul forum for the images.

https://www.mylespaul.com/threads/im-the-strat-man-what-the-heck-have-i-bought-2004-epiphone-junior-signed.390127/#post-8187469

Kind Regards

Chris

Can you post the photos of the signature here ? I tried to enlarge them in the Les Paul forum link but it doesn't let you if you're not a member of that forum...

Oh my mistakes hopefully these should work.

1494234291087-1854222755.thumb.jpg.5d47ba51fb2a49712fd0c92fa382e3c2.jpg

Having some issues posting from upload file option and my phone wont allow me to add files but take pictures instead. Added bonus i also have an electrician in so using my 3g in a non 3g area . Will update asap .

14942369722871210271858.thumb.jpg.b99346abbfda3aa45b1d052472d8394a.jpg

Looks legit to me...

Just puzzled of its origin if it was documented 10/2/2009 - ( think i incorrectly put September again is this the American usage 2nd September or 10th February ;/ ) If its September Then it was signed during the viva tour right? But the bizarre thing is that they played in Australia and Japan :/ then Dublin which is a little nearer to me. I'm starting to think it wasn't registered for some time "officially" by psa/dna for a while since nothing ties up with Coldplay being in the states at this time?

2 September 2009 Bern Switzerland Stade de Suisse Unknown Unknown

4 September 2009 Barcelona Spain Olympic Stadium 63,306 / 64,376 $4,554,068[59]

7 September 2009 Paris France Parc des Princes 50,355 / 51,241 $4,244,363[59]

9 September 2009 Nijmegen Netherlands Goffertpark Unknown Unknown

10 September 2009

12 September 2009 Manchester England Old Trafford Cricket Ground

14 September 2009 Dublin Ireland Phoenix Park 34,372 / 35,000 $3,507,501[61]

16 September 2009 Glasgow Scotland Hampden Park Unknown Unknown

18 September 2009 London England Wembley Stadium

19 September 2009

19 December 2009 Exeter Rougemont Castle

Right so maybe it was closer to home perhaps a giveaway for a local radio station in Scotland ...........but PSA/DNA reps are only located in the US?

So maybe it was brought over all-ready signed? Jesus i don't think i will ever get to the bottom of this ;/

The signature looks legit to me as well

Cheers so 2 out of 2 so far :D. As-well its odd that Chris Martin only signed it and not the other band members. Again its very difficult to find his signature on any guitar and not the pick guard which can be switched from guitar to guitar. The last Coldplay/Chris Martin signed "guitars" sold for silly money so if there are any collectors out there who are interested feel free to get in contact. Again anyone with further info would be appreciated.

The thing is it has that verification with psa/dna and what i gather is they are at the very top of what they do in regards to verifying authenticity .

Have a look online for signed guitars and look at there psa/dna authentication , I have even seen some signed on the guitar and the psa/dna on it is for a picguard

Just puzzled of its origin if it was documented 10/2/2009 - ( think i incorrectly put September again is this the American usage 2nd September or 10th February ;/ ) If its September Then it was signed during the viva tour right? But the bizarre thing is that they played in Australia and Japan :/ then Dublin which is a little nearer to me. I'm starting to think it wasn't registered for some time "officially" by psa/dna for a while since nothing ties up with Coldplay being in the states at this time?

but 10/2 would be October, not September, and off the top of my head i think the VIVA tour was over by that point (not including the LA tour in early 2010 obviously)

but 10/2 would be October, not September, and off the top of my head i think the VIVA tour was over by that point (not including the LA tour in early 2010 obviously)

Yes sorry October :/. The thing is it could be September it was signed due to psa/dna process i have no idea how long it would have taken them to enter it into the system i'm assuming it takes a bit of time. Recognize it at all ?

Wishful thinking ties in with date and the Chris Martin alone giving him the opportunity to sign it without the other band members.

My devilish side is saying "why couldn't it have been neil young signed guitar :D, I love Neil Young one of my favorite musicians if you know anyone who got the Neil Young signed guitar instead haha get in contact for a swap :D

http://www.rollingstone.com/music/pictures/neil-youngs-bridge-school-benefit-2009-chris-martin-no-doubt-and-more-unplug-in-california-20091026

Ok phoned psa/dna again just to ask a few more questions. They are heavily reliant on there sticker technology which is the little sticker on the bottom right of the guitar. Apparently its tamper proof so it would be highly noticeable if it was removed from guitar to guitar since it leaves a chequered marking/residue. This one is flush clean and never looks like its been picked at or a curvature from fiddling :p.

They also explained someone could have brought the guitar to them to Authenticate and perhaps not what i was told which was it was overlooked at an event (which still could be possible) they have 2 offices in Southern California and New Jersey. They also estimate from appraisal of the signature could take between 1-14 days to enter onto the system.

They also said they have no date of when it was signed and it does not necessarily mean it was signed in 2009 but could have been any year Chris Martin was "active " :(, which means more digging for me.

If it's the case there is no denying its been a joke or a fake signature as there experts specialize in signatures using techniques such as the type of pen used they are not reliant on additional documentation such as pictures or extra information they solely look at the signature which each person of interest has a specific price attached to there name for example Chris Martins is a higher-ranged autograph meaning it costs $10 more to verify than say Lady Gaga :D .

He still could not tell me specifics and i asked if this was to do with data protection which he said yes which is fair enough god bless the US haha

He also said it was unusual to see a date attached to it the certification :/ strange.

• Like 1