✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

A-Rod

Professor Peedston

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/hi/other_sports/us_sport/3489607.stm

so yeah... major league baseball is just getting ridiculous.

if nothing else, maybe owners will realize how dumb it is to give players such enormous salaries, since nobody will trade for a $250 million contract, and the rangers will now end up paying $140 million for three years of his contract.

(yes, i know i'm the only person here remotely interested in this :P )

All sports are getting ridiculous.

It's not anywhere near there in the baseball league.... but in the NHL, the Red Wings offered star player Sergei Fedorov 40 million dollars for a few years, and he said no. What a dumb bastard.

Now he's on another team, and apparently they aren't happy with him either. :rolleyes:

all this means is that our Rangers will lose more games this season than last, they will still end up on the last spot in ranking order of teams, and they will get may be 2 mediocre players for the $100 million that they have in "flexibility."

also in the last night's news, they showed lots of season ticket holders who were mad at the team owner. the owner and the team sales rep were all saying they will never let go of A-rod and that the season ticket holders should buy more tickets to help out the team's morale and that they will foot the best team that they can. That was a month ago.

Obviously, they made a switch-a-roo...changing the very thing they were selling after the sale had already been made. :rolleyes: :angry:

anyways, i'm more in my H-town Astros.... :smug:

yeah, i liked billy "the kid" wagner... :D

oh well...

and yeah...we get an old fart like Roger Clemens at the fag end of his career :rolleyes: even though he's really from the houston area...

arghh...i'm not even so much into baseball....i just like college football! :cool: in which case...Penn State's got a really nice head coach! :sneaky: :lol: :lol:

the worst thing about a-rod's contract is that it distracts the casual fan from knowing how truly special he is as a baseball player. he's just the absolute athletic prototype, an unlike other people who also fits that description he appears to have the work ethic to capitalize on everything he's been blessed with.

he's my favortie player. he should have 4 or 5 mvp awards. we should be talking about him in terms of "if he does X and Y we'll consider him the best player ever."

now all we do it say "gee, i'd like to have his contract."

i'm in the minority, but i couldn't give two shits about money athletes make.

Well, I was saying it's ridiculous more for the fact that the Yankees now have basically an entire all-star team more than for A-Rod's incomprehensively large contract, but I still think it's an obscene amount of money to give to an athlete.

He is, however, a phenominal baseball player. I'm still waiting for him to hit for the triple crown. He's about the only person in the majors who could do it (maybe Pujols or Bonds).

Well, I was saying it's ridiculous more for the fact that the Yankees now have basically an entire all-star team more than for A-Rod's incomprehensively large contract, but I still think it's an obscene amount of money to give to an athlete.

He is, however, a phenominal baseball player. I'm still waiting for him to hit for the triple crown. He's about the only person in the majors who could do it (maybe Pujols or Bonds).

Oh, no ... I got ya'. I was going on my own tangent.