✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

Video Bootlegs (i)

German Sulca

I have been looking for Coldplay shows for a long while, so many questions arise.

I would like to begin a discussion about this topic "video bootlegs".

1. Why do they exist?
  2. Why a limited number of people have access to them?
  3. If some people have them then why they do not share them (there are exceptions)?
  4. Why the people who have the video bootlegs create websites?
  5. Why someone who has got video bootlegs is able only to trade and not to sell their material? 
  6. Why some websites that have "rare" DVDs sell their material?

I hope no one gets offended by this post. I am just looking for answers.

Edited by German Sulca
add information

22 hours ago, German Sulca said:

I have been looking for Coldplay shows for a long while, so many questions arise.

I would like to begin a discussion about this topic "video bootlegs".

1. Why do they exist?
  2. Why a limited number of people have access to them?
  3. If some people have them then why they do not share them (there are exceptions)?
  4. Why the people who have the video bootlegs create websites?

I hope no one gets offended by this post. I am just looking for answers.

1. They exist because peeps like me (a completetionist) have the means to record them via a TV or the internet or however else they came. Some of them even like to share or trade their recordings if it's a recording not many people have.

2. Very uncommon in the bootleg world if there is enough demand for it. Though obscure recordings (mostly audience recordings) are rarer because there isn't a demand for it or the person isn't releasing it and waiting for a trade. Basically, once a bootleg is shared, it is bound to be spread around becoming less rare.

3. Some won't share them due to them not knowing how to share it or they are waiting for a trade. I think it would be safe to assume that the person running the CPBootlegs site didn't gather all those recordings themselves, but rather got them while they were still available in the past. They're are the only with some of that stuff that we are aware of but there's probably more out there that have it that aren't on the forums are stopped being so serious about Coldplay.

4. Usually so they can get more trades.

Hope this helps!

• Like 2
  • Wow 1

On 8/14/2020 at 8:46 AM, GamingForeverAUS said:

1. They exist because peeps like me (a completetionist) have the means to record them via a TV or the internet or however else they came. Some of them even like to share or trade their recordings if it's a recording not many people have.

2. Very uncommon in the bootleg world if there is enough demand for it. Though obscure recordings (mostly audience recordings) are rarer because there isn't a demand for it or the person isn't releasing it and waiting for a trade. Basically, once a bootleg is shared, it is bound to be spread around becoming less rare.

3. Some won't share them due to them not knowing how to share it or they are waiting for a trade. I think it would be safe to assume that the person running the CPBootlegs site didn't gather all those recordings themselves, but rather got them while they were still available in the past. They're are the only with some of that stuff that we are aware of but there's probably more out there that have it that aren't on the forums are stopped being so serious about Coldplay.

4. Usually so they can get more trades.

Hope this helps!

@GamingForeverAUS your answers were very helpful. Please, response the two questions I forgot to post. 

1 hour ago, German Sulca said:

@GamingForeverAUS your answers were very helpful. Please, response the two questions I forgot to post. 

5. Selling bootlegs is a big "middle finger" to the collector community so it's usually frowned upon. Selling bootlegs is also legally 10 times worse then just sharing it as it has gone from copyright that most labels and artists don't care about to copyright that they do care about because your making money off their material which they are supposed to be entitled too. That's why when you upload a video on youtube with a song under a label, they will often block it or take all the money it produces.

6. I wouldn't know. Probably because their stuff is extrememly rare but if the label finds out and they're the type to aggressively crackdown on copyright (eg. Eagles bootleg material) they will not let it continue.

• Wow 1