✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

Joni Mitchell

shoelad

Yikes, my first thread. Scary stuff. :o :D

Anyway, I'm starting a shrine to Joni because she's great. I only recently discovered her - I heard "Woodstock" on the telly and instantly had to find out who it was. It has resulted in me buying albums of hers from anywhere and everywhere, which is often great because they're cheap. :P

I don't like the whole 80's phase she went through though. I got "Dog Eat Dog" for Christmas and it's really bad.

Oh, and who's that one who ripped off "Big Yellow Taxi"? Shame on them!

Yikes, my first thread. Scary stuff. :o :D

Anyway, I'm starting a shrine to Joni because she's great. I only recently discovered her - I heard "Woodstock" on the telly and instantly had to find out who it was. It has resulted in me buying albums of hers from anywhere and everywhere, which is often great because they're cheap. :P

I don't like the whole 80's phase she went through though. I got "Dog Eat Dog" for Christmas and it's really bad.

Oh, and who's that one who ripped off "Big Yellow Taxi"? Shame on them!

Tom!! You are so right about the people who ripped off "Big Yellow Taxi"...They are the Counting Crows, they're usually not that bad, but I think this cover is hideous!!!! Shame on them, indeed...

I love Joni Mitchell..I think she's absolutely fantastic...i love the song "River".....she's got a tremendous voice on that song...Excellent...

Good job on your very first thread.... :D

Why thank you Laura. :D

"River"..... god, how fantastic. Beautiful lyrics, beautiful voice... it just all comes together to make this great track. God.. it sends me to tears sometimes, which I guess is the point of it. :P

"Down to You" and "The Circle Game" are a couple of my faves. Oh, and "Both Sides Now", but who doesn't like that one? :shock: :D

Why thank you Laura. :D

"River"..... god, how fantastic. Beautiful lyrics, beautiful voice... it just all comes together to make this great track. God.. it sends me to tears sometimes, which I guess is the point of it. :P

"Down to You" and "The Circle Game" are a couple of my faves. Oh, and "Both Sides Now", but who doesn't like that one? :shock: :D

Both Sides Now!! I love that!!!! Down to you is also one of my faves...

You're welcome...we've got a lot in common...why is your name "shoelad"... :-o :D

I haven't a shoe fetish, honestly. :D I was watching an episode of SATC, and Carrie's log-in name was shoegal, so I though it would be cool to be shoelad. Already the lustre of it is fading... :( :D Quite sad, actually.

Both Sides Now is brilliant....

I haven't a shoe fetish, honestly. :D I was watching an episode of SATC, and Carrie's log-in name was shoegal, so I though it would be cool to be shoelad. Already the lustre of it is fading... :( :D Quite sad, actually.

Both Sides Now is brilliant....

I saw that episode!!! That was one of my favourite...aidan was aidan_nyc..or something like that...are you a big fan of that show???? :)

LOL!

Not a huge fan. I did have the first series on video but alas I had to sell them as I was strapped for cash. :( I just think it's bloody hilarious. :D

I was obsessed with the X-Files for a while too... let's not go down that avenue. :P

I take it you love the show too?

LOL!

Not a huge fan. I did have the first series on video but alas I had to sell them as I was strapped for cash. :( I just think it's bloody hilarious. :D

I was obsessed with the X-Files for a while too... let's not go down that avenue. :P

I take it you love the show too?

Yup.....it's one of my faves... :D

What are your other faves? :D

(looks in bewilderment as my joni thread turns into the tom and laura show) :o :o :-D

Tom and Laura show?? HAHAHAHA...that sounds interesting...Threads tend to change subject often...LOL

I also like Seinfeld, the Simpsons, That 70's show and Late Night with Conan O'Brien....I think he's hilarious!!! :D