✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

Europeans, including Britons & also Americans

Sternly

I hears that Nestlé does not produce GE food in Europe, due to the new law that is applying inside the EU.

what is the new law about? and are the products any expensier? is it true? -I should have started with that one-

I was told that the GE fields in the U.S.A are only for exportations; they are not consumed in the U.S.A, is that true too?

Well Carla I answered your PM regarding the US trial fields, and as far as i know that's still true....all foods in europe that contained GM ingredients were removed a few years ago until thorough testing is performed...since Nestlé are producing food in the EU I'll bet they withdrew their foods too...

Are products more expensive? I don't know, I'm guessing some may be, some will be the same and some will just be withdrawn from sale...

An example i can give is this...I used to enjoy crisps from Sainsbury's (supermarket). One day they changed from soya to GM-soya produce...I still ate them, then about 2 years ago the product just vanished...I'm guessing it was due to the GM-soya, and until there is more GM testing they wont reintroduce them.

ahh! I know you did, and thanks, but what I really meant here is If someone could give me a link and tell me more about it; something that's not easy to find and that might help me! I have to backup my position, which is anti-GE Food, and you don't seem to agree with me, but that's not really important; the thing is, I need proves! :idea2:

Carla - I don't know if this is relevant for what you're doing, but I found it interesting, if a little outdated. :)

http://www.afsc.org/pwork/0500/052k04.htm

This site is obviously biased, but may provide information you're looking for about US laws:

http://www.thecampaign.org/

and one more:

http://www.commondreams.org/views03/0613-09.htm

I don't know if I agree or not with you, not sure on your stance :)

Personally, I'm wary of GM food, I'd like thorough testing before they even consider implementing it...no-one really knows the long term damage to wildlife or to ourselves from GM foods...no-one knows how devestating cross pollination will be when these things are introduced to our environment...there are so many grey areas that it isn't safe.

I'm worried about even a small test area, it would need to be totally enclosed and safe so it can't spread to other areas...bees and flies can get anywhere...as we always find to our dismay on camping trips :)

So that's my views.

*cough soja fot livestock is already transgenic cough*

i'm not against transgenic food, well for testing it first :idea2: .

soil is becoming power and power with the hyperindustrialisation of the argriculture.

well, also the problem of the water, who first in necessary for cutlure, but who also becoming a thing more and more scarce.

i guess water will be the scourge of the 21 century

I don't know if I agree or not with you, not sure on your stance :)

Personally, I'm wary of GM food, I'd like thorough testing before they even consider implementing it...no-one really knows the long term damage to wildlife or to ourselves from GM foods...no-one knows how devestating cross pollination will be when these things are introduced to our environment...there are so many grey areas that it isn't safe.

I'm worried about even a small test area, it would need to be totally enclosed and safe so it can't spread to other areas...bees and flies can get anywhere...as we always find to our dismay on camping trips :)

So that's my views.

That sounds fair to me, and I think that too many many people, but you know that's not happening at the moment. Big companies such as Monsanto, are not doing what is expected to do ( a rigorous test, for instance) and well, you have to look at the bright side; at least you have laws is your country that aloud the consumer to identify GM products and sort of limitate their existance (bad explained, but you'll get my point, I hope). Instead here, the companies deny that, but everything they do is based on transgenic Soja (from Argentina, because we are not suppose to plant GM fields here, but the law has some "spaces", legal spaces, that aloud big companies to plant anyway) and we can not say anything. If we say they are using it, they say we are lying or they just stay in silence.

Nevertheless, that was never my point; I can't even remember what it was! :lol:

ah, and Thanks Tom and Léa :D