✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

I was listening to some music

Sternly

from the 60's and 70's and suddenly I started to think about what Bob Dylan said, I had heard many things about him, but I had never stopped and thought about it, and suddenly there I was, listening to a not very good singer, but some great lyrics. What happened with that?

There was a time when music was more than an entretaintment thing; it was used to make things, to tell people things, to send messages. It marked a generation and wether you liked it or not, their lyrics did have a meaning; you can read them and easily tell that there was something going on.

Now, there is something going on; If you tell me that it was for the war (because most of the lyrics, since I'm listening to "Hippy" music, is related to it) and staff, well there are still conflicts going on, but people seem to be, not ignoring them, but not feeling attached with them either. Music stopped being a catalizer of what's going on in today's society, or maybe it is, and it's showing us what a society we are nowadays; but I just miss that music that you hear dand it gave you hope, ideas and tell you something, something more than just a couple of chords together.

Yeah, there are groups around that try to write about that stuff, but without anywhere near the poignancy and insight that made Bob Dylan so great. Travis in particular, are quite cringe-inducing with their political statements ("Peace the Fuck Out"). :lol:

If there are people out there that would be logical successors to Dylan or Neil Young or even Stevie Wonder or Marvin Gaye, they're certainly not in the mainstream like they used to be.

Yeah, there are groups around that try to write about that stuff, but without anywhere near the poignancy and insight that made Bob Dylan so great. Travis in particular, are quite cringe-inducing with their political statements ("Peace the Fuck Out"). :lol:

If there are people out there that would be logical successors to Dylan or Neil Young or even Stevie Wonder or Marvin Gaye, they're certainly not in the mainstream like they used to be.

Billy Bragg, UK equivalent :) Not mainstream but very Political...Morrisey is back too with his views, he's quite good.

Sex Pistols were quite political for their time too :) God Save the Queen is a good example.

Billy Bragg, UK equivalent :) Not mainstream but very Political...Morrisey is back too with his views, he's quite good.

Sex Pistols were quite political for their time too :) God Save the Queen is a good example.

That's the thing though, there's nobody in the mainstream with that stuff like there used to be, and the Sex Pistols have been broken up for over 20 years. :P