✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

Atlanta Mar 6 2003!!!! HOLY CRAP!

StevieP

So tonight was the most amazing thing I've ever experienced...

The show started off poorly for me, I (and apparently the crowd around me on the floor) absolutely hated The Music. It was made worse by the people around me who shouted obnoxious things at them as they played (I didnt like their music but I'm not the type to boo someone off stage =\ )... but once Coldplay got on stage the show quickly moved to an almost religious experience. I've never experienced anything like it, 7000 people (or however many can fit in the gwinnett center) singing for the last half of the show, especially on everything's not lost. It was a truly moving experience.

The show had reached an incredible high before the lights all go out, chris walks back up to the mic with the spotlight on him, and he starts talking about how 2 years ago atlanta was the place where everything turned around for them on their last tour, and they felt like they really became a great band. (this over various cheers from the crowd to which he tells a few great jokes). Finally he says, "we have one more song to play for you before we go (awwwwws from the crowd)... well actually we have four songs, but this one is (crowd erupts again) this one is something we want to give back to atlanta for what they have given us" or something to that effect... and ELTON JOHN comes out to play piano for trouble....

elton john.

it was incredible.

the whole night... amazing. i seriously haven't felt that intense feeling of love and community since I went to a particularly good youth camp a few years ago... it was electric.

if any bootlegs of this show pop up, or videos, i suggest you pay any price they are marked at, because it is worth it. to think i almost paid 200 bucks a seat for tickets to the nashville show @ the ryman (i live near nashville) and I got these atlanta tickets for 55 bucks each and I was standing less than 20 feet from center stage. Wow.

THAT'S SMASHING. SOUNDED LIKE A CLASSIC SHOW. I AM KINDA MAD THOUGH, I ALMOST BOUGHT TICKETS FOR THAT SHOW, BUT DIDN'T. REGRETTING IT NOW. GLAD YOU HAVE A GOOD TIME. MAN, ELTON JOHN!? FANTASTIC!!!!!!!!!!!!! :shocked:

I was worried that I had paid too much for these tickets to the Atlanta show, but boy was it worth every penny. First of all I only had one person between me and the stage and although the speakers in front of me were out for most of the show, nothing could put a damper on the night. Hearing "A Rush of Blood to the Head" and "Poor Me" was worth it alone, but then Elton freaking John joins the boys on "Trouble." I was screaming for a little "Tiny Dancer" but had no luck. Chris solo playing "Georgia On My Mind" was a fitting ending.

omg i was there....it was flawless....didnt u loveeee the everything's not lsot sing a long......well i missed the music cuz i got there an hour late!!!! it was a roller coaster...but i lovvvved it when he said isntead of im gonna by a gun and satrt a war he said im gonna buy this palce ans start a war....and knowing he messedup he just brushed it off....he looked so cute...i knew every word....amazing show!!!!! i loved it when he said from the front to the back anda 5 67 8 god he is soo cute.and jonny kicked serious ass!

I was there at Atlanta too. It was a brilliant show, I just wished they could have played for longer. The 1 1/2 hours went by so quickly. Quite disappointed with the support act, The Music. No worries though, I just hung out in the bar!..... ;)

there's 3 great mp3s on justspies ... but the one I really want (after trouble, of course :P ) is everything's not lost

if anyone knows where it can be found, or has it, please, hook me up...

It was an amazing show. I'm still recovering two days later. It was the most emotional experience I've ever had at a concert. When they all came out on stage and right before the opening of Politik started I was seriously doing little shrieks of excitement. My friend and I both cried during "The Scientist" and we of course freaked out when Elton John showed up. I always forget he lives in Atlanta. Amazing amazing show.

• 2 weeks later...
So tonight was the most amazing thing I've ever experienced...

The show started off poorly for me, I (and apparently the crowd around me on the floor) absolutely hated The Music. It was made worse by the people around me who shouted obnoxious things at them as they played (I didnt like their music but I'm not the type to boo someone off stage =\ )... but once Coldplay got on stage the show quickly moved to an almost religious experience. I've never experienced anything like it, 7000 people (or however many can fit in the gwinnett center) singing for the last half of the show, especially on everything's not lost. It was a truly moving experience.

The show had reached an incredible high before the lights all go out, chris walks back up to the mic with the spotlight on him, and he starts talking about how 2 years ago atlanta was the place where everything turned around for them on their last tour, and they felt like they really became a great band. (this over various cheers from the crowd to which he tells a few great jokes). Finally he says, "we have one more song to play for you before we go (awwwwws from the crowd)... well actually we have four songs, but this one is (crowd erupts again) this one is something we want to give back to atlanta for what they have given us" or something to that effect... and ELTON JOHN comes out to play piano for trouble....

elton john.

it was incredible.

the whole night... amazing. i seriously haven't felt that intense feeling of love and community since I went to a particularly good youth camp a few years ago... it was electric.

if any bootlegs of this show pop up, or videos, i suggest you pay any price they are marked at, because it is worth it. to think i almost paid 200 bucks a seat for tickets to the nashville show @ the ryman (i live near nashville) and I got these atlanta tickets for 55 bucks each and I was standing less than 20 feet from center stage. Wow.

woooow..... :o

wish i could have been there ! sounds like an amazing time to me! im glad you had a great time!