✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

New material from concert....what does everyone think?

szuchy

I want to see how everyone rates the new material from the concert. I don't like it very much (with the exception of talk), but judging by the reactions of others on the board it seems like I am alone in this opinion. Obviously it is bit premature, with only about half the songs being played, and even those in poor quality, but in my opinion great material tends to shine through. Thoughts?

I voted "Too early to tell". I know I said I didn't like the new material, but their studio work can be pretty impressive. For example the delay effect on Chris's voice on Spies, the part at the end of clocks where he is singing two things at once, among many others.

I think it all has great potential. I am in love with the sound of the new songs, but know they will sound way better in good studio quality. I think you might have just enjoyed talk more because it was better quality? I think square one, what if and white shadows will just blow people away when they are finally done. Very good potential to be a masterpeice record!

I think those recordings sucked majorly. The tunes also sounded like shit to me. I heard Square One, the Speed of sound and deleted the rest. I'm def waiting till the finished album comes out. The ones on the album are gonna be 10x better. Though those were only Cooldplay's 2nd gig in more then a year, so I don't blame them, but I wasn't too impressed. Though I liked Sparks.